Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Friday, September 21, 2012

What's in the water?? Seriously

I want to start this (different type of) post by saying, I AM SO THANKFUL for all of the wonderful supporters we have and for those that share their own experience with me. It means more to me than I could ever really put into words (but I will try, soon!).

Now... on to my post for the day...

WHAT THE BLEEP  IS IN THE WATER?!


There are days when an infertile feels like every which way she looks she is surrounded by pregnant people. Those days suck, simply put. I know that feeling. I've felt it. It's not JEALOUSY. An infertile CAN still be happy for others. It's just that WE WANT THAT TOO. We want to SHARE in that joy with the world. We want to post pictures of our  baby bumps! But instead, we have bloat bumps. Or just chunky bumps because we eat when stressed. Or water retention from hormones (I'll be there soon, ha!). Or flat stomachs, even.
I will say that, as an infertile, the WORST part is hearing people complain.
You've got stretch marks? I do, too. But I have no baby to show for mine.
You can't have caffeine? You're growing a baby, cheers (with water) for following doctor's orders!
You feel fat? Oh, hey, me too. But I don't have a baby in my belly that I am supporting in every way.
You're pregnant. It's a BLESSING. You are growing a BABY. A little person is inside you! Work it, girl! Rock that baby bump! Chug some water! Be PROUD of those stretch marks you EARNED.

Over the past 3 years I have gotten MANY texts announcing pregnancies, there are times when it seems like multiple people PER DAY announce on Facebook, etc etc. Am I happy for these people? YES. A resounding yes. YES I AM HAPPY FOR THEM. A baby is a baby and I, personally, am happy that these people who I consider friends get to experience the joy that I yearn for. And every time I see a new announcement, I wonder to myself if it was easy for them. Just because it seems like EVERYONE just sneezes and gets pregnant doesn't mean it's that easy...

Which brings on my point for today... WHAT IS IN THE WATER?
No, it's not PREGNANCY that's in the water... It's infertility!!! When did this happen? WHY is this happening?!

At my jewelry party last weekend, we were all sitting around chatting about infertility. And I looked around... It was like an infertility party. We could have started our own club! It wasn't just me there. There were all different "types." Male factor. Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Hysterectomy. And, lastly, what I will lovingly call Super-Fertility. Otherwise known as recurrent-loss. I will forever call those people super-fertile, based on recent findings. And I think it sounds better.
So there we all were. Sitting around talking about all these shots and treatments and adoption and step-parenting and on and on and on. And it felt good to not be alone. AND IT HURT SO BAD that so many people know these same feelings. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I HATE that others have to go through this. HATE IT.

And that's not all... I got a message a few days later from someone I went to high school with. She's pregnant... thanks to IVF!! She's shared so much with me! And I LOVE seeing the pictures of the embryos they transferred and the baby that's growing inside of her right now!! She calmed my nerves about the progesterone shots that scare me. She told me a few tricks. And talking to someone who has gone through it and had success, someone that I actually KNOW, is so comforting.

Two other ladies I went to school with were recently informed that they'll need IVF to have a baby. I have sent them all the links I have found for funding these expensive treatments. We didn't meet most of the qualifications when I looked into these grants, but hopefully these ladies will!

It seems like everywhere I look, someone is infertile. Someone is suffering from all of these awful emotions. I wish I could take it all away from these people. I wish I could snap my fingers and they'll suddenly have success.
So instead, I add them to my prayer list. Prayers have helped us OH SO MUCH. Time to pay it forward, especially because we STILL NEED PRAYERS. Or happy thoughts or good vibes or whatever it is you do. We need them. But, so do all these other people. So, while you're sending all that goodness to us, do you mind throwing it out there to ALL infertiles every where, also? Just a suggestion :)


And speaking of prayers... did I mention we could use them? Danny has an appointment with Dr J on Monday. He had lab work done this week and Monday we go see him and get the results. I'm nervous, I always am when this time comes around every 4 months. I'm SURE everything will be okay, Danny is doing great. But, prayers would be appreciated!!


Fertility Update:
Today, one week of birth control pills is complete. I'm fine for now. Three more weeks of these!!
Just over two weeks until I become a pin cushion!
Today the paperwork was faxed to the Always-Awesome ReproTech. They'll be setting up the shipment of the "swimmers" to our clinic! YEA!!
We're trying to get the ball rolling on borrowing about $4k towards the rest of the IVF procedure. Crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly!
In the box of donated meds we've got, there is a TON of extra syringes and dilution stuff. My grandma told me to use those ON ORANGES for practice. So, I plan on buying some oranges after our Injections-Teaching for Danny to practice on! I'm actually excited about that... Weird? Maybe... HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment