Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fundraisers, and why we still need them!

The last week has been such a whirlwind!! It's amazing to think that a week ago we met Dr H, checked on my follies and did the blood draw. But here we are, a week later and with a plan in place!

When we met with Dr H, he mentioned that IVF (with ICSI) runs 12-14k at his office, depending on the meds. Since he later said I SHOULD need the lower dose, that to me keeps me at 12k. Then there are the added costs that aren't in the package price (the meds aren't either but he gave that in his estimate).
$580 for the saline sono and mock transfer.
$50-100 for injections teaching
$450 for sperm work up (not sure if that applies to us since his swimmers have already been tested, but I am including it since I'm sure there will be a cost in receiving the frozen vials and defrosting them)
$150-300 Infection disease testing
$500-700 anesthesia (due at the retrieval which should be Oct 29)
Meds will run at the ABSOLUTE LOWEST (and I've never found anyone who only paid this much) will be $1500. Average is $3000. I don't know where I will run in that spectrum. And that will all have to be paid before anything else (aside from the mock transfer/injections teaching, which will be due the day of that appointment which should be in a couple weeks).

The package price of the INCLUDED IVF stuff is due at the baseline appointment (mid October).

Then the day of the retrieval (10-29) will be the day to pay for the anesthesia.

Also, it's going to cost us just over $200 to ship the swimmers to our clinic (with insurance), and that will be asap!

I'm hoping our costs will be on the lower end of the spectrum of all of the above. But regardless, we'll obviously need about 3-4k on top of what we've raised. That's why we are still ACTIVELY fundraising. I know I've been pretty quiet about the fundraisers lately, and that ends NOW. Time to start really shouting it out about raising money. We've got about a month to raise all of this. One. Month. I don't think we'll raise all of that. If we do, FABULOUS. If not? Well then we'll have to finance (and hope and pray we are approved...).

So here we go :)
My Premier Designs Jewelry fundraiser is NEXT FRIDAY!!!! WOOHOOO!!! Did  you know that jewelry is the NUMBER ONE Christmas gift given in the US? Bring your Christmas lists and do some shopping!! 100% of the profits go to our fund!!!

Aaaannnndddd We've got a new one!! Grace Adele!! There's BOUND to  be something  you'll love here! Check it out!!
https://styles2enjoy.graceadele.us/GraceAdele/Buy?partyId=102537935

There's also another 31 Gifts fundraiser in the works!! That will start soon!


And.... There's one more! I've been sitting on this one for a very long time. It's something I found on another IVF fundraiser site and have recommended to another future-IVF'er. I went back and forth on it, and I just couldn't decide if people would like it... You know what though? I've showed a few people. AND THEY LOVE IT!! So here it is. And thanks to Miss Jamie for making the flyer :)


Sorry it's sort of blurry :( I can't seem to figure out quite how to fix that... But you get the gist, right? At the end it just says that we prefer any of THESE donations to be made by mail (get with me so I can give you our address). This is simply because I can only take out a certain amount on our paypal PER MONTH. That hasn't been an issue yet, since we don't get most of our donations that way. But since we are asking for a big number in donations, well, snail mail seems to work best for that.


And there you go. There are our current fundraisers. And why we NEED them. If you want to help out, NOW is the time. We are trying to finance the least amount possible (because really, we'd be paying about twice the price we finance with interest rates on things like that), so EVERY PENNY helps!! And this way, you get nice little incentives :)


Thank you to each and every one of you who have helped us get this far!!! We are so grateful!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment