Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I don't care if it's in crayon, lady!!

Fundraiser updates!!!

The garage sale is THIS WEEKEND!!! We've been getting quite a few donations!! I think Crystal DEFINITELY has her hands full with this one! If you have anything else you'd like to add to her full hands, we'll accept it NOW. Wednesday evening she'll need to be done pricing since the sale starts THURSDAY MORNING!!!

Another fundraiser Crys is in charge of is the CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER. Have you ordered yet? Everyone I've talked to that have gotten their cupcakes already have RAVED about them!! Order now!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/497456176936282/

Watching the waist line? Show it off! Get some pics done by Professor Photo for a whopping $20+ donation to our fund!!! Check our her available dates and book here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProfessorPhotoKS

Would you rather buy some bling? Well you can do so on AUGUST 18th, at my Premier Design Jewelry party!!! Let me know if you'd like to order before then!!

Another little tidbit that I NEED YOUR INPUT ON... Are any of my amazing followers interested in Jamberry Nails? I have the opportunity to have a JN party with the profits going to our fund. But I need to know if ANYONE would come!!! Comment here or on my Facebook!! LET ME KNOW!!!!

Also, would anyone be interested in ordering those awesome bracelets made out of parachute cord?? Again, the profits would go to our fund!! LET ME KNOW!!!

I think that's all I've got for today.....

..........................................................................................................................................


Today's post is about something that happened today.. But it took me back to our cancer journey AND put a smile on my face. I hope it does the same for you!!!

Do you remember my post about the sperm retrieval surgery? If not, go read it!!! Enjoy some giggles from the conversations with the super sweet but maybe slightly over-eager nurse. If you DO remember, then you know about those conversations (and are probably giggling to yourself right now). You will also "get" today's post. :)


Weeks ago we received the new patient paperwork from our fertility clinic. In that paperwork it asked (among many other seriously embarrassing questions) if we've ever had a sperm analysis done. I had to sit and think about where that paperwork would be... Do we have that? Why do I NOT REMEMBER EVER seeing that paper? I've never had those results in hand. Nobody ever told me those results on the phone. I KNOW the nurse said they'd do a post-thaw analysis. Where are those results? [Wondering what post-thaw means? Or why it's different than a typical in-a-cup analysis? Well, they froze 6 vials. One vial was then thawed out and tested. Those results would tell them (and us) what condition the swimmers are in, so they can more thoroughly prepare for what they'll be dealing with when it comes time for IVF. No surprises for them! The other 5 vials were shipped to ReproTech.]
I told Danny to please call the place that did the testing and get those results. Please realize that I love my husband dearly and he is the best man for me. BUT HE IS SUCH A BABY about calling doctors!! Are all men this way?? We went back and forth about who should call. And guess who ended up calling? You probably guessed right. ME.
I called Friday (after forgetting about it for.... a while... Whoops!). The very polite receptionist told me she'd have to transfer me to the nurse, and I should leave a message telling her what I needed and how she could reach me. So I did. They closed around lunch time Friday so I wasn't sure when I'd get a call back or if they'd just mail the results (like I had mentioned in my message).
I didn't hear from them Friday. I didn't hear from them yesterday. Today, I did. Someone called while I was at work and left a message saying they'd be there until five, and to call back. When I got home from work, that's the first thing I did.
"This is _____." Oh, that's the lady that called! Perfect!
"Hi ____, this is Destiny Crabb. You called earlier today while I was at work?"
"OH YES, HI Destiny!!" Whoa.... "I was just calling because I was looking for your husband's sperm analysis. You said we did it in 2009?" Uhhh yes, you did.
"Yes ma'am."
"I cannot find ANYTHING showing we did an analysis on him in 09. Are  you sure you had it done through us and not a different doctor?" Is she serious? I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Is she serious? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!
"It was through you..."
"There was no other doctor???" Only the doctor that retrieved it!
"Well, there was Dr G that did the sperm retrieval surgery. But it was you guys that did the testing..."
"OH!!! OH!!!! I'm so glad you said that!" What the heck?? "Okay, okay. I THOUGHT your name and voice sounded familiar!! NOW I remember." Now she remembers? She remembers me? She's had to have seen HOW MANY people since that surgery??? "That would still be in the paper files!! I'M SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!! I have been looking for EVER on the computer. But those files haven't been transferred over yet. I looked all through 2009 and couldn't find anything! I'm so glad you said that!" Okay, I guess she's glad I said that.... you know... the exact same thing I'd said in my message. What the crap?
"So, you do have them then?"
"Yes, I've got them right here! Okay, we sent the vials to ReproTech." You did. Love them!
"That's right."
"Okay, we sent the results to Dr G. We usually send the patient a copy too but we might not have. I can send this. Let's see... (mumbles about morphology, etc)... Okay it's all here. It's all hand written. The form is kind of weird. Is that okay?" As long as you have the results, I don't care if it's in crayon lady!!
"Yes, that's perfectly fine."
"I am just so glad you said that, I was a little concerned about not being able to find the file. I'll have to tell ____." Who is that?? The person that first listened to my message?
"Mmmhhmm."
"Okay, I've made a copy of it. Would you like me to fax it to you?" WHAT?! No!!! Nobody at my work or Danny's work need to see THAT fax. Good gracious!
"Oh no, mailing it is just fine."
"Mailing it? Okay, let me just make sure we've got your address here.... Do you still live at _____________" Wouldn't want that going to the wrong house hahaha.
"Yes, that's right."
"Okay and you are...." Who am I? Would she release this info to anyone?!
"Destiny... Daniel's wife."
"That's right that's right, I am in a different room than your note so I had to ask. Okay. I will get this put with a letter, and it will be in the mail tomorrow. Is that okay?"
"That's great. Thank you so much!"
"Thank you!"

I got off the phone and couldn't help but giggle. That is the same super sweet (and slightly over eager) nurse from the surgery day. I love her. She makes me giggle, yes. But she LOVES HER JOB and you can tell. And she remembered me. Weird, I know. But she did. That shows she cares about all the patients she sees, right?



I hope our fertility clinic has a nurse like her. I know I will need all the extra giggles I can get during the IVF journey. Heck, maybe I'll just call and talk to THIS nurse when I need a little lift. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to remind you that you have been Nominated by Jamie and I for a Liebster Award!!! Go to the post here and follow the directions :)

    http://www.readrateandreview.com/2012/08/we-were-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete