Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The big big big big news...

WHEW!!! It's been a while since  I've blogged. This last week has been CRAZY!!!! And boy do I have some news for you all!!!

First of all, the garage sale was yet another HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who donated and to those of you who came out to it!!!!

The photo shoots are all going AMAZINGLY WELL!! Crystal is so awesome behind the camera! If you want to book a session, DO IT NOW. You can book it for any time, just BOOK NOW!!!!

The cupcakes are coming to an end... But if you want to try to place a last minute order, well now is the time to do that!!

The Premier Designs fundraiser got postponed to September 14!! Let me know if you need directions ;)


So..... The big big big big news....


Oh.... You wanna hear it??


Well if you're on our facebook, you already know.... But, if not.... Well.....



.......



WE MET OUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you know, THE ULTIMATE GOAL!!! The $10,000 goal!!!! WE DID IT!!! WE DID IT!!!! WE DID IT, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We officially met our goal well before my latest "goal date" that I had planned... Which was September 1st (Danny's birthday).

We met the goal BEFORE OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT with the RE... Which, just so you know, IS THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

You want to know something else??

We technically SURPASSED the goal! Yep, you read that right!!! At this moment we are at roughly $10,679.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say roughly because I still need to get with a few people on their ornaments so we haven't gotten all of that money yet, but I'm counting it anyway! :)


We have about $4k more to go, which we planned on paying. We will be covering whatever we don't raise, through financing I believe. So we're trying to get that number as low as possible. And we have a few more fundraisers up our sleeves! Remember, everything we have raised and continue to raise IS A BLESSING and we ARE SO THANKFUL. So don't feel forced to participate if this isn't something you feel strongly about :) But know we are so grateful for every penny raised so far and every penny we will raise.





So there's all that news.... And TOMORROW is our appointment with our RE, Dr H. At 10am. I am so super nervous! I've filled out all of our new patient paperwork, made copies of all of that for our records. We've got the GPS programmed. I've got paper maps (because sometimes the gps just ISN'T reliable!). I've got a bunch of lunch options (since our appointment should end around lunch time). I think I'm ready. I think WE'RE ready. As ready as we'll ever be I guess.

Tomorrow we will get to actually meet this man that I've done so much research on. And the biggest part is... we will get to find out a little bit about me. They will do an internal sonogram. That will tell them  how many follicles I have normally. If there's a lot (approx 14), then that means I SHOULD have a good ovarian reserve (how many eggs I have left... women are born with all the eggs they'll ever have, they don't make more. Once they're gone, they're gone). If there aren't many follicles, that means I (probably) don't have much of an ovarian reserve left. The FSH blood testing will tell basically the same thing (and both can also give the docs a glimpse as to the quality of my eggs) but I don't think they'll do that test until day 3 of my next cycle. The follicle count will be basically all we find out tomorrow. And I'm hoping they tell me how many I have then and there and we don't have to wait until our next appointment!

I'm HOPING we will meet with Dr H, tell him all about us and our history. And we'll do the sono. And he'll say "Okay, well you already knew IVF was the only option. Destiny, you look great. Let's get this and this and this done, and let's do IVF in October!" I don't want to wait any longer than that, because then there are all the holidays to plan around.

So, here's to hoping ;)

I will update tomorrow when we get home from the appointment!! Keep us in your prayers/happy thoughts/send good vibes :) :) :)







No comments:

Post a Comment