Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Does she mean I'll HAVE two kids??

Happy Monday!! I'm actually typing this on Sunday, but since generally blog views go way way down on the weekends, I'm not posting this until tomorrow.... So again I say, Happy Monday :)

Fundraiser updates!!

If you've got stuff for the garage sale, PLEASE get it to us ASAP. It's almost here!! We want it to be just as huge as last time!! <3

We have an AUGUST CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER which I forgot to post about in the last post (and how could I possibly forget CUPCAKES?!)... All the details are here, where you can also order:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/events/497456176936282/

The above fundraisers have been put together by our wonderful friend Crystal, and that's not all she's doing. She's ALSO in charge of the Professor Photo fundraiser!!! Do you know what that is? Simply donate $20+ to our fund, and you get a FREE photo shoot, on your choice of days that she is available. It's a GREAT deal! You can see her work on her page, along with her open dates!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ProfessorPhotoKS


I'm also having a Premier Designs party with a wonderful consultant, Beth. That will be August 18th. If you'd like to order before then, LET ME KNOW!!!


I THINK that's all I've got for now.....

.................................................................................................................................

Over the weekend I went to a Quartermania for the Ronald McDonald House... A wonderful QM to benefit a wonderful organization. And one of the best parts was that... I WON A SCENTSY BURNER!! Woohooo!!!! I was super excited and looked through the catalog to see which burner it was because I didn't want to open the box. I couldn't find it in the catalog so I went ahead and dug it out of the wrapping and the box.... And this is what it looks like!!


Absolutely adorable, right?! And my first thought was... "This is beachy!!!!" Do you remember what our nursery theme will be if we have a girl, or a  boy and a girl? BEACHY!!! Or Under the Sea, which is sort of the same thing. Regardless, WOULDN'T THIS BE PERFECT IN THERE?!?! And cover up dirty diaper smells... It couldn't be better!! So, let's all hope and pray that this IVF WORKS for us, hopefully the first time, so we can put this to use!!




Now, I'm going to take you guys WAY WAY WAY WAY BACK in our relationship. Before the cancer journey, before we were married, before we were engaged... To the VERY BEGINNING of our relationship. VERY BEGINNING.

Danny and I had only been dating for two to three months. I can't even remember if we'd admitted that we loved each other at that point! Ha!
My mom and our family friend had been going to this psychic/medium for a while, just for entertainment purposes. And they asked if I wanted to go. I didn't exactly believe in it... I don't think that people with those gifts  DON'T exist, I just didn't understand how they could read off of cards and make any sense out of anything. It just seemed WEIRD. Regardless, I decided to go. I figured it would be fun and I'd at least get a laugh out of it.

So we went. We took a little road trip so we could sit at a chair, shuffle PLAYING CARDS (I was expecting tarot cards or something) and have some lady tell us what some of the cards meant.
We stood in line for what seemed like hours, and when it was finally my turn I was feeling a little anxious. Do I really want to do this? What if she tells me something bad? What if she tells me I'm going to have a crappy time for the rest of my life... Or that I won't even HAVE much of a life... What if she tells me ghosts are following me around everywhere? Awkward!!!
I sat down in the little chair anyway. My mom and Deena weren't standing far away.
"Hello there." She has a nice voice!
"Hi."
"Shuffle these cards please." Remember not to give anything away. Don't give anything away. Don't tell her anything. Shuffle shuffle shuffle. Don't give anything away....
"Okay, here you go."
She laid the cards out, facing her.
The first bit of our conversation wasn't anything that really sticks out in my mind almost six years later... But then...
"Okay, this is... Ummm.... Hmmm.... This is usually your soul mate's age... But.... How old are you my dear?" BWAHAHAHAHA Ohmygosh. Seriously? A three and a four. Thirty-four. THAT'S DANNY'S AGE!!! Don't give anything away, wipe that smirk away!!!
I told her how old I was... And yeah, we've got quite an age gap. But that hasn't stopped us from having a wonderful relationship!!
"Oh, okay... Then maybe these mean he'll be 3-4 years older than you then..." Or maybe it means he's thirty-four, which is how old Danny is. Oh how funny.
"Okay..."
More cards were set out. She studied them.
"Okay, the cards show you will have two kids in your life, a boy and a girl, VERY close in age." What did she just say? Does she mean I'll HAVE two kids?? Or that I'll have two kids in my life... like my nieces and nephews?? Time to ask...
"Well, I babysit my nephew and his little sister is about to be born... They're pretty close in age."
"No dear, these will be your kids, from you. One boy, one girl, VERY CLOSE IN AGE." Oh goodness...
"Okay..."
Anything else that was said after that is a blur. I slipped my money under her cards after we were done and I walked away to tell my mom and Deena what all was said.



Fast forward to a few months ago, a friend was contemplating going to see a medium/psychic (I'm sorry Kelley I can't remember if she was one or the other or both). She wanted to hear from anyone with experience because she wanted to make sure there was a CHANCE that something good would happen. If everyone responded with negativity and stories about our experiences which were jokes, she wasn't going to go. Or at least she would've been even more leery.
I hadn't thought about that visit with the medium/psychic I went to in YEARS. It was just not something I thought about, ever. So when I seen her post asking for experiences, I remembered instantly what happened. And almost everything about that day. It brought back the wonderful memory of giggling to myself when I seen the three and four, and the lady didn't want to admit my soul mate was 34 years old when I was so much younger. And the seriously scared feelings of having a boy and a girl, "VERY CLOSE in age." I told her my story... And then I realized what she had said.
A boy and a girl, with emphasis on VERY CLOSE IN AGE. Ohmygosh. Twins, maybe?! Possibly? Is that what she was trying to imply without scaring the ever living BLEEP from me?! She scared me enough just by saying I'd have two kids (when at that point, kids were NOWHERE in my idea of the near future... future yes, near future no!). Was she trying to say I'd have twins, without just SAYING it?! Oh have mercy.

So... We shall see, someday, if she was right. And right now I'm hoping she was. Six months ago the thought of twins made me nauseous, and yes it's scary and wouldn't be easy... But twins would be such a blessing that that's what I'll hope for.

If you're wondering if this medium/psychic was right about anything else... Well she did tell my mom "When you're making tea every morning, you know that smell? It's not the tea and you know it... It's your cousin who passed away. He's with you. You smell his cologne." Nobody told her my mother would brew tea every morning or that she always smelled something a little off when doing so.
She also told another person that we know that someone in her family, NOT HER, would have twins. That person's sister IS PREGNANT RIGHT NOW with twins.
Weird, right?

If you'd like to read my friend Kelley's story about her experience with her psychic/medium, head on over to her page: http://www.ripthelifeiknew.com/2012/05/09/husband-finally-spoke-me-said-go-yankee-stadium/
When you're done reading that post, feel free to read her entire story in all the other posts. She's an extremely gifted writer and comedian who was blessed with an immensely loving and wonderful relationship with her husband. Unfortunately he left this world, all too soon. Her blog is one you'll want to follow!!


Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment