Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Braums? For ICE CREAM? On the COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR?"

It's Thursday!! Tomorrow is Friday! Woohooo!!!! We're trying so very hard not to MELT in this ridiculous heat we've got going on here, and I hope you all are staying cool, too!!

I don't really have any fundraiser updates for you today. I know that's a rare thing these days. It just doesn't feel right! So just to recap!

GARAGE SALE stuff is currently being collected. If you've got stuff together and just want it out of your house, LET ME KNOW!! We want your junk!! ;)

I will be having a Premier Designs party on the 18th. If you want to order from it, I will let you know after Sunday how to do that. I've got to meet with Beth, the consultant, before I know all of that :)

The Professor Photo shoots ARE GOING ON NOW!! There IS STILL TIME to book a shoot! Check out her facebook page for open dates!

That's all I've got in my head right now... I'll edit later if I remember anything else! Ha!!

....................................................................................................................................................



Back to another part of 2009 that really stands out in my mind still today... Today's post will show you just HOW awesome my wonderfully amazing husband is. When he annoys me by forgetting to take the trash out or leaving his nasty dirty socks all over the living room floor, I think about this day and I cool off immediately... Haha, cool off....


It was the end of December, it was snowing, it was around 8pm, and it was the COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR. We were watching a little preview for the news...
"The cold snap is draining car batteries. AAA has been on calls all night long just to jump vehicles. This is the coldest day of the year and your vehicles' batteries are paying for it."  AHHH.
"Gosh, Danny, did you see that? That's crazy!"
"Yeah, the cold will do that..." Obviously....
Fast forward about 15 minutes of pointless-tv-watching.
"MMmmm babe, you know what really sounds good?"
"What? Hot chocolate?" What? NO!
"No... Ice cream. From Braums..."
"Oh geez." Ha, yeah... Maybe we can go tomorrow..... "Well, get your shoes on if you're wanting to go..." WHAT?!?!
"What?! We're going? To Braums? NOW?!"
"You said you wanted ice cream. Let's go." Oh how I love this man!!!
I ran to the bedroom to get bundled up. Tights, jeans, tank top, long sleeve, hoodie, thick socks, shoes and my coat. Done. Ready for ice cream.
"Okay, I'm ready!!"
"The truck is warming up, let's give it a few minutes... You know the heater sucks." Ugh, that heater... And Danny's cold intolerance, he probably won't even get any ice cream. I am a crappy wife.
"Babe, we don't have to go. You won't be getting ice cream, will you? It'll hurt. And it hurts you just to go outside in this...."
"Destiny, I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't perfectly fine with going. Let's go...."

So, we went. And I got some ice cream, and Danny didn't. He sat there with me while I ate my double scoop of vanilla and we chatted about everything BUT life and our crazy cancer journey. We just enjoyed our time together. It had stopped snowing for a bit, but it had started up again while we sat there and it was coming down fast.
"Well, I'm done, and the snow is really coming down. We should get out of here."
We headed outside and Danny put his gloves on before opening my door for me. Yes, my husband opens doors for me... All doors. Always. <3 him.
He got in his side and put the key in the ignition.
Nothing.
He tried again.
Nothing.
"Our battery is zapped. Call your dad." WELL CRAP. Just like they said on the news. What the CRAP.
"Okay...."
"Let's go back inside while you call him, it's too cold out here for  you." For ME?! I don't LIKE this weather by any means, but I'm not the one with the cold intolerance!!! Ahhh WHY did I have to have ice cream TONIGHT?!
We went back in, dusted the snow off of us, and I dialed my parents' number.
"Hello?"
"Hey mom.... Umm... Can I talk to Dad?"
"Sure, what's wrong?" Ha...
"Oh just the truck."
"Oh good grief, here he is." Yeah, good grief....
"Hey baby girl, what's up?" Here goes nothing...
"Hey dad! We need your help..."
"Yeah, I got that... What's wrong with the truck?"
"The battery is dead I guess."
"Well yeah, it's the coldest day of the year, it's doing that to car batteries. So, where are you?" Ahhhh.
"Ummmm..... Well... We're are Braums."
"Braums? For ICE CREAM? On the COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR?" I know I know!!
"Yep. That's where we are."
"Only my daughter... He spoils you rotten. I'm on my way." I'M NOT ROTTEN.
"Thanks, Dad. Love you."
"Love you. See you in a few."
I relayed our conversation to Danny, who got a laugh.

My dad showed up in his truck a bit later, with jumper cables. He and Danny got the truck started (after telling me to stay inside Dad's truck while they did so... his heater didn't suck!) and Danny and Dad both walked over to the passenger side where I was sitting.
"Your dad is going to follow back to our house just to be safe. You're riding with him." I'm what? Why?
"I don't understand..."
"It's too cold in our truck for you. Feel how nice it is in here. Stay in his truck, since he's driving to our house anyway." Too cold FOR ME. AGAIN with this crap. I DON'T HAVE COLD INTOLERANCE!!!
"Our truck is too cold FOR YOU Danny."
"I'm fine. Love you!"
He kissed me and hopped out of the truck.


We made it home just fine, and our battery was eventually replaced after it did the same thing a few days later. It's been almost three years now, and I'll never hear the end of it... Only I would want ice cream on the coldest day of the year... Blah blah blah. Well, I always turn that around with "Only MY husband would INDULGE my ice cream weakness on the coldest day of the year, while suffering cold intolerance." That always gets a quick nod and the subject is dropped. Yeah, I have a weakness for ice cream. But my husband has a weakness for me. It all works out. :)


Now do you see why I love him so much? Okay, that's not the ONLY reason why. But there's a little look into one event that I'll never live down. Hope you enjoyed!!!

And as always, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment