Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Sunday, July 29, 2012

One month from today...

It's Sunday... And I'm blogging. This rarely happens! But since I only posted once last week, I felt like I needed to go ahead and post today!

A quick update on CURRENT fundraisers:
As you know, we are having an AUGUST garage sale!!! We want it to be JUST as big if not bigger than the last one!! Help make it happen! Get a stack of stuff you don't want anymore together, and let me know! We can meet up or I can let you know where to drop it off!

I have Pampered Chef catalogs available for anyone who wants to order!! OR you can order here:
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tcoop?page=host-search-results&showId=3699616
THE PAMPERED CHEF PARTY WILL CLOSE ON JULY 31!!!! ORDER NOW!!!

I will be having a Premier Designs party in August! I'll be setting the date very soon! Let me know if you want to come or if you want to order!!

The Christmas in July Ornaments sale ENDS THIS WEEK!!! Order NOW if you want one (or more!)!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/391032197620614/

If you donate $20 or more to our fund, you get a mini session with PROFESSOR PHOTO!! Her available dates are posted on her facebook page. You MUST book on one of her posted dates to get your session for free.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProfessorPhotoKS

And our latest fundraiser... BACK TO SCHOOL CUPCAKES!!!! All the info is on the event page, but they WILL BE MADE TO ORDER. Pick up arrangements will be announced soon! RSVP to the event page to get all the latest updates!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/497456176936282/497565876925312/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

That's all I've got for fundraiser updates today!!!



One month from today, we will be meeting with our doctor!! I can't believe it's finally here! I've been doing a lot of research to see what I can expect to have happen at that first appointment. Some sites say it'll just be an appointment to tell the doctor all about us and why we haven't been able to conceive (if we know, which we do), etc. Others say they'll do some tests.
We got our "new patient packet" in the mail though, and it answered some of those questions. We should expect to be at the office for a couple of hours. We will meet with the doctor to discuss everything we've been through.... And some testing will be done on me. Oh joy! An ultrasound doesn't sound so bad... Until you realize it's an ultrasound wand they put up inside you. AHH!!! BUT, I  better get used to it. They'll do a lot of that type of ultrasound during the IVF process.
Another test they'll definitely be doing is bloodwork on me. Makes me light headed to think about. I haven't had blood drawn since I had my gallbladder issues in 07! I've got to remind myself that it'll hurt less than any of my tattoos have... And it'll only hurt for a minute!!

My biggest concern right now is whether or not our insurance will cover those tests. When I talked to the insurance company earlier this year, they said all diagnostic testing would be covered. I didn't think to ask if I had to have those tests done locally. A few weeks ago it dawned on me that they might not cover our doctor of choice. I set out to find that answer... and I still haven't gotten a for sure yes or no. Our doctor is listed on one of the sites, but the representative I talked to couldn't find him on her list. However, she said if the doctor accepts their local blue card, then our insurance will pay for it. From what I've read (in our new patient packet), the doctor's office will call me if insurance won't cover them, and they'll give me a dollar amount that we'll have to pay up front. They sent the price list in the new patient packet and from what I've added up, the first appointment will add up to about $1k if insurance doesn't cover any of it. That's enough to make me nauseous right there!!
I contemplated getting the testing done here locally, even though in my mind the doctor that will be doing the IVF should be the doctor doing the tests. I looked up the one clinic here to see if they are covered on our insurance and they weren't listed either.... So.... That's just awesome. And yes, that was sarcastic!

We are pretty much in limbo as of today in regards to the cost of the testing (which HAS to be done before IVF) and the insurance. But I'm hopeful.

Why am I hopeful?
People hear our story and they think life has handed us a crappy set of cards. I can't argue with that. Life sure hasn't been easy. But everyone has their own set of problems. Ours are just a different type. And honestly, we've got it easy compared to some.
Things always seem to work out for us (knock on wood). Yes, times can be stressful and worrisome. But we have been SO blessed in every aspect. Every, single,  one.
Danny was diagnosed with cancer and the surgeon he was referred to was the best there is.
He had to have chemo, and was referred to the doctor we wanted (who is the best there is!).
In order to preserve fertility, he had to see a urologist and have "the swimmers" surgically removed. Both of his main doctors wanted him to go to the same doctor... Who we were later told by someone completely outside of our case, "is the best there is."
We called to make our appointment with the RE, seriously wanting one doctor specifically but willing to settle for whoever was open first... And we ended up with the doctor we wanted, and he is the best there is down there in my opinion.
Seeing all that laid out there like that, well how could I NOT be positive and hopeful about how things will turn out? Not even just whether or not insurance will cover the testing... But ALL of it. How can I not feel deep down that it'll work the first time? And if it doesn't, that we'll have enough frozen embryos to just do a transfer and not need to do another fresh ($$$) cycle? Things always seem to work out, we are beyond blessed.

We are blessed to know ALL OF YOU. Without you, we wouldn't be meeting with the doctor next month. Without you, we would be NOWHERE near our goal. Please know we are SO SO thankful for each and every one of you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment