Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, July 23, 2012

HAPPY DAY!!! Fundraiser updates!!!!


HAPPY MONDAY!! I know it's much later than I normally post, but this is the first chance I've had! My apologies :)

As I'm sitting here tonight, I am trying to focus on all the good we've got going on right now. And we sure do have a lot of it! Thank God for that! Why? Well because my sweet Simi Kitty is currently at the vet, spending the night! She got spayed today, and did great! They keep pets overnight there which I know is for the best... But it doesn't make it any easier! I'm used to her peeking out the window when we pull up to the house. And laying on the keyboard while I try to type. She snuggles with me at night when I'm about to fall asleep and also when I am waking up in the morning. And really I'm just going crazy here.... So! Time to update the Blogger world as to where we are with our fundraising!!!

As of RIGHT THIS SECOND... we are $716 away from our ultimate goal of $10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!???/?!!?!

The Quartermania was a HUGE success! Huge!! With paddle sales, raffle tickets, silent auction, lucky ball and food profits, we made $1111!!! The number is amazing in itself, and it hit home for me because I'm one of those people who always wish at 11:11!! When I added up the final numbers, I had to just sit there for a second. $1111! What?! Really?! Quick recalculation... Yep. $1111. How could it be more perfect?!
Thank you to each and every one of you who showed up to the QM or helped make it huge by spreading the word, etc! And a HUGE thank you to the vendors!



We've gotten a few more donations from others since then and that's how we're at the $716 number...
How will we get that last $716? Well, there are SO many ways!!!!!!

As you know, we are having an AUGUST garage sale!!! We want it to be JUST as big if not bigger than the last one!! Help make it happen!  Get a stack of stuff you don't want anymore together, and let me know! We can meet up or I can let you know where to drop it off!

I have Pampered Chef catalogs available for anyone who wants to order!! OR you can order here:
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tcoop?page=host-search-results&showId=3699616

I will be having a Premier Designs party in August! I'll be setting the date very soon! Let me know if you want to come or if  you want to order!!

The Christmas in July Ornaments sale ENDS SOON!! Place your orders NOW if you want any!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/391032197620614/

If you donate $20 or more to our fund, you get a mini session with PROFESSOR PHOTO!! Her available dates are posted on her facebook page. You MUST book on one of her posted dates to get your session for free.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProfessorPhotoKS

And our latest fundraiser... BACK TO SCHOOL CUPCAKES!!!! All the info is on the event page, but they WILL BE MADE TO ORDER. Pick up arrangements will be announced soon! RSVP to the event page to get all the latest updates!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/497456176936282/497565876925312/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

I think that's all the fundraiser updates I've really got for you all today. I am VERY confident we will have raised all $10,000 by the time we meet with our doctor on August 29th.

Another little tidbit of info for you... We got some great mail today!!!!!!


Enclosed was the check for us! It's at the bank now, of course! Can't leave something like that just laying around! But, I just have to say that having THAT in the mail is way better than having a bill or two! ;)


Have I mentioned that we're now only $716 away from our goal?!?!?! I am so excited that the number just constantly runs through my head.... We're so close. So so close!!
I started this blog on January 1st. I figured we'd be raising money for well over a year. Maybe two. It hasn't been seven whole months and we've raised almost all of it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you!! We sincerely thank you!

When I started this blog I also planned on cutting off all fundraising at $10k if we got to that point. Over the last month many people have voiced to me that we shouldn't do that. We should keep different things going for those of you who want to help us out with the rest of the costs (with the testing that may not be covered that adds another $1k, so we're looking at forking over $5k+ on top of the $10k raised). Mandi (our wonderful friend who did the cookie fundraiser for us) has said that she IS going to do cookies in October, to go towards transportation costs (in October we will hopefully be doing the transfer and that means we will be down in OKC as often as every other day). I told her that wasn't necessary, but she won't listen to me (come to think of it... she never has! HA!!).
So, I guess what I'm saying is, we won't stop. We will do whatever you all want us to do. If you want more cupcake fundraisers, well, we'll do them. Many have asked for another cookie fundraiser, and we aim to please so of course, we're going to do one (in October per Mandi's orders). I won't be pushing the fundraisers as much, because any penny over our ultimate goal is just icing on the cake. Every dollar is one less dollar we'll have to finance. Or even one more dollar that we can spend on the baby(ies) once they get here.
I refuse to think this might not work. But I'll be realistic for a second. IF it doesn't, then we'll HOPEFULLY be doing a frozen transfer after that (if there are embryos to freeze!!). That's another $2-3k. That will be out of our pocket.
With all the costs becoming real and adding up and seeing how MUCH this all will cost us, I am not opposed to keeping the fundraisers open FOR THOSE THAT WANT to continue helping. If you don't want to, please don't feel like we are pushing you. We aren't greedy. We are MORE thank thankful for every penny raised/donated so far, we really can't thank you enough. We are just listening to those around us who are pushing us to continue. It was listening to some of those same people that got us to this point, it was some of those same people who encouraged me to start this blog. So, after much discussion, we have decided to listen to those people again. We won't close down the donation button on this page until after I am pregnant. We will pay for the IVF in full before it can happen, so after that point every penny raised/donated will go towards transportation. We hadn't planned on this happening, so every dollar will be a pleasant little surprise we weren't counting on.
We will still update the thermometer with the amount raised over the $10k so you all can see what's happening, and where it's coming from! And I must say, I'm so humbled by the fact that so many people WANT to help out even after we reach our ultimate goal!


Have I thanked you all yet in this post? I have? Well, here it goes again... THANK YOU!! We'll never be able to thank you all enough. I know it may get annoying after a while, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! <3

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congratulations! You don't know me, but I have been following since your first blog post, and I love reading about your journey. I look forward to reading more about your cancer story, and seeing a post titled "I'm Pregnant!" Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaymee!! Thanks for following, and commenting :)
    I posted a bit more of our cancer journey today. It's nice to go back to that point in our lives and realize how far we've come... And how far we've come since I started this blog in January!!
    I can't wait to post a pregnancy post, too!! Hopefully it'll be this year! <3
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU again :)

    ReplyDelete