Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh, right. Duh.

Blog post number two and it's only Wednesday! WOoo!!! ;)

I don't have any updates on fundraisers right now, but I just want to remind you that today is the LAST day to get a Scentsy order in for February (10% off almost everything, the last month for bricks, and the last month for many scents that are being discontinued)!
Also, our Mary Kay fundraiser OFFICIALLY kicks off tomorrow!! I'm so excited about it, and I hope you all are too!!
I'm going to try to make a page over on the side for all fundraiser info (websites, dates, etc) today. I'm still very new at this, so I'm not even really sure I CAN do that. But I'm going to try!

Also, I want to send out our prayers for all of those affected by the tornadoes and other severe weather last night. Our thoughts are with you all!

That's all I've got fundraiser-wise. Time to continue on with our story!!

...................................................................................................................................................................


The first official "chemo week" was over. And the cold intolerance/carbonation intolerance just got worse. It was Friday, and Danny couldn't eat or drink anything even slightly cold. We went out to dinner, and he was ordering a drink.
"I'll have a Dr Pepper... no ice."
"No ICE??" That's what he said lady, just do it!
"No ice."
"Okaaaay." And off the waitress went.
"So, you can handle the carbonation okay still?"
"It stings like it did those first few days. It hasn't gotten any worse. Just the cold, it hurts way too bad."
The waitress came back with our drinks, and an odd look on her face when handing over the pop with no ice.
I wish she wouldn't look at Danny like that. Like she pities him. She doesn't know what's going on, why he can't have the ice. She doesn't know anything and she still pities him. He doesn't need PITY. He'd got this...
We ordered our food and Danny took a drink of his pop.
"Is it okay?"
"A little warm for my liking..." With a smirk on his face... He is still making jokes.
We ate our dinner, and then headed home to enjoy our weekend.

We had Faith on Monday, and she asked how her Daddy was feeling. Such a loving little girl.
"I'm feeling just fine Faith."
"Are you sure, Daddy? I will be extra good today anyway." Awwww, she's so sweet!!
"If you say so! And yes, I'm sure."
"Destiny?"
"Yes baby?"
"How many more chemo's does Daddy have to have?" Why is she asking me??
"Why don't you ask your dad that?"
"Because you know everything!" Oh, right. Duh.
"Well, Daddy finished his first one. Now he has eleven left. Plus radiation. But anyway, basically he has five left until he gets a little break from it all."
"Oh, five. Good. That's not too much." Not at all...

By Thursday, the cold intolerance was gone. Danny was back to normal. He could drink cold drinks. Eat ice cream. He was normal.
"Well YEA for finally feeling like yourself! Now you can enjoy the weekend!"
"Yep. And it's our weekend with Faith, so she'll get to enjoy normal weekends with us. Without me feeling like crap." That's right... Such a good Daddy, always thinking like that. I love my husband!
"Yep. And she'll only see you with the pump on Mondays. Hopefully this won't bother her."
"Hopefully." He doesn't look too positive about that...

The weekend went too fast. They always do, when you're enjoying your time with family and absolutely dreading Monday. Only for us, we weren't dreading work. We were dreading chemo and that awful cold intolerance that was sure to come again. But I was also looking forward to marking off another chemo treatment. To be able to say there were only four left until the break.



That's all I've got for today. The posts are shorter now, because that's how our life felt. Focusing on each day and each day only. Not making plans because we weren't sure how Danny would be feeling. Not worrying about the future, because the present needed our full attention.
Thanks for reading and please remember to follow and SHARE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment