Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, February 27, 2012

Well I tried.

Happy Monday!! And look at me, blogging first thing!! Whoop whoop, are you all proud? ;)

No fundraiser updates as of right now. Still trying to figure out if we can get a quartermania together next month. Hopefully we'll have sign ups ready for the photography fundraiser soon!

In the meantime... Have you written in to Ellen, yet? I know a few of you have. But if you haven't... here's the link! It's the perfect way to help us out if you'd like but don't have the means! And we appreciate it so much!!
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=433


....................................................................................................................................................................


The first night with the chemo pump wasn't great... We got ready for bed as usual, followed by Danny unraveling the pump as much as possible so he would have room to move around.
"I guess I won't get any snuggle time with you while that's attached, huh?"
"The pump is attached on your side... We could always trade sides of the bed." Uhhh no.
"Ummmm, I'm okay. I like my side."
"I thought so..." He thinks he's so smart!
We laid down in bed and tried to get comfortable. Danny moved the chemo pump around a few times until he found a good place for it. Above our heads, under the pillows so the cats wouldn't chew on the tube.
BBBZZZZ. Is that my phone?
I checked my phone, nothing. So I rolled back over to go to sleep.
BBBZZZZZZ. Okay, THAT was my phone.
I checked it again... Nothing.
"I swear I keep hearing my phone vibrate, but it's not on silent... And I check it and there's nothing there."
"Babe, I think its the chemo pump." OOoooohhhhhh.
I moved my head over to the chemo pump, waiting. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZ. Yep! That's it!!
"You're right. It's the dang pump."
"Are you going to be able to get to sleep? Or do you want me to move it?" Ahhh how am I going to get to sleep? Really?
"I will get used to it. That's what's comfortable for you so that's great for me. I love you."
"Love you. Good night."

The next morning I woke up not to my alarm, but to that loud pump. I was still so tired, because I slept very little thanks to the buzzing.
"Did you sleep at all babe?" Not much...
"Yes I did. I'm good."
"Do I need to sleep on the couch or something while I've got this thing?" NOOOO!!!
"No! Absolutely not. If anything, I can sleep on the couch. Not you. But neither of us will sleep on the couch, I will get used to the buzzing."
"Are you sure? I don't mind the couch. Or there's always the spare room."
"I'm sure. I will sleep worse without you in bed with me than I do with the pump buzzing in my ear."
"Well, be sure to tell me if I need to sleep somewhere else." I never want you to sleep anywhere else...
Danny and I went to work that day, both of us groggy and needing more rest. That evening Danny went to school, and I took a nap. Trying to prepare for another night of little sleep.

"Wake up, I'm home!" Ahhhh I could've slept through the night probably!
"How was class babe? Are you still feeling okay?"
"I feel fine, just can't drink pop which is still bothering me. Class was fine." My poor hubby.
"I left a pop out of the fridge for you. It shouldn't be hot, but it's not cold either."
"You're the best!" I just hope it works.
Danny walked into the kitchen to get the pop I left out for him. Opened it and chugged a bunch.
"Well, it was a little better. But it still hurt." Well crap!
"So, it's not even the temperature of it.... It's the carbonation?"
"I think it's both. The cold really hurts. Worse than this pop did. But this stung, too." Well I tried.
"You've been able to eat okay though?"
"Yeah,  I've been eating fine. Just can't find anything that I can drink."

We went to bed that night in much the same way we did the night before. Unraveling the chemo pump, putting it above our heads under the pillows. And then trying unsuccessfully to ignore the buzzing.
I was tossing and turning.
"Babe, do you want me to go sleep somewhere else?" I already said no!!
"Nope. I'm good. This is the last night with it this week. And then there will only be five more chemo weeks until you get a break. And there's the off week in between chemo weeks. You do not need to sleep anywhere else. I can handle this!"
I finally decided to take a benedryl. That was the correct choice!! I woke up the next day feeling refreshed! Finally!! And it was finally Wednesday!! Bye bye chemo pump!!

Danny went on his lunch break on Wednesday to the cancer center. They removed the pump and asked him about any side effects. He made sure to tell them about the slight cold intolerance and carbonation irritation. They said he was doing great, so we decided to get back to normal for the next week and a half.



That's all I've got for now. I will try to blog more often this week for you all! Please remember to follow and SHARE!! :) Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment