Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What a relief!!

It's almost the weekend! YEA!!!

An update on the Cupcake Event!! We have gotten SOOOOO many orders. And most of them were BIG orders!! I can't believe it! If you are reading this and still haven't placed your order, and want cupcakes, please place your order RIGHT NOW. :) I would really like to have a final list to Lynds tonight so she can go get ingredients and boxes tomorrow.

SCENTSY UPDATE!!! We got $128 from January orders!! WOOHOOO!!! Thanks everyone!! This is an ongoing event, so feel free to place those orders at any time! I know we've already gotten orders for February!! Remember it's Stock Up and Save month, so almost everything is 10% off!! ALSO, our amazing consultant and friend, Tonya, has made a fabulous offer!! For anyone who books a qualifying home or basket party, Tonya will donate $20 to our fund (and you'll still get your hostess gifts!!)!! And it gets even better!! If you want to sign up to be a consultant (this fundraiser has been huge, with so many orders. The demand is there!), and you sign up through her... once you make a qualifying order, she will donate ANOTHER $20 to our fund!!! That's money for us AND an awesome opportunity for you!!

Also, I added a little thermometer over on the right side of this page! It tracks our donations and raised funds!! I put the goal as $10,000 because we will actually need closer to 15-20k once I add in the fees for the ICSI which we will need, plus the meds, the sonograms and office visits (that our insurance won't cover). We plan on pitching in obviously, so we aren't expecting to raise every penny. Because of that, I only put the goal as $10,000. That may or may not change once we getter a better estimate!!

I think that's all the  updates I have right now. I still need some input on the Mary Kay party from local followers. I  haven't heard a peep from any one of you!! If it just needs to be online only, that's fine! We are just willing to have a party if there is a need for people to test out colors, etc!

.....................................................................................................................................................................


The PET scan was Monday, and we had to wait two days for results... We were anxious and scared and on the edge of our seats waiting for the results. Danny had to call for the results and wait on a nurse to find the time to give him the results.
Danny was at work and I was at home. On the couch. Clutching my phone, waiting.... Waiting... Waiting....
BBBZzzzzzz
"Hello?"
"Hey." Hey? Seriously?
"Hi. What did she say????"
"Well...." WHAT?!?!?!
"Danny!!"
"She said the scan showed ZERO cancer cells." Thank you, God!!!
"ZERO?! In your whole body?!?!"
"That's what she said. Zero cancer cells." Thank you thank you thank you, God!!! What a relief!!
"So, does that mean that the spot was just damage from the antibiotics?"
"She didn't say anything about that spot. I guess Dr Johnson will decide that. But it's not cancer, that's what matters."
"Right. Oh gosh, I'm so relieved!!
"Me, too. But I gotta get back to work now." Of course... Insane work ethic!
"Text your mom and tell her, she needs to hear that from you!"
"I will."
We said our I love you's and goodbye, and I just sat there. The fear I felt when he was beating around the bush left me feeling way too hot, and the relief left me shaking. It was a weird mix, and all I really wanted to do was dance around the living room!! Instead, I called my mom.
It only rang once.
"Hello? Did you get the results?!" She's just like me! Right to the point!!
"Yes! Zero cancer cells, Mom! ZERO!!!"
"What?! He's cancer free?! Really?!" Ahhh I love hearing that! Cancer free!!!
"Yep!! I'm so happy!!"
"Well me too, that's wonderful hunny!" It is wonderful, and amazing, and fabulous, and I could go on and on!!!
"So, yeah... Cancer free... Wow..."
"I guess that means Dr Hyder was absolutely right when he said he felt like he got all of it." Oh, yeah. He did say that, didn't he?
"Yep..."
"And I guess that means your oncologist was right when he said he didn't think the spot looked like cancer..." He was right, alright!
"Right."
"So, I guess you should start listening to what the doctors are saying, and not read into the worst case scenario then..." Nahhhh. That's easier said than done!
"Whatever mom!" We laughed and then got off the phone.
I sent a text to everyone that I could think of that knew we were getting the scan.
And then I cried. A good cry! The tears came and I couldn't control them, but they were tears of joy and relief. So many things were going through my head:
We didn't wait too long to start chemo. We did the right thing. Saving his fertility didn't hurt us, it benefited us. Danny is cancer free, the PET scan says so, and thanks to that fertility surgery we have hopes of expanding our family. We can give Faith a brother or sister someday! And Danny will be here, healthy, to go through it with me! Faith won't lose her Daddy. He will be there to walk her down the aisle in 20 years... no, 30 years.... Oh thank you Lord!!

A few days later, we had plans to go to haunted houses. A big group had gathered at my parents' house, and it was loud. My dad walked into the dining room and seen us.
"Danny! Destiny!"
"Hey Dad!"

"Didn't Mom tell you?"
"No..." He gave my mom a dirty look which made me laugh!
"The scan showed ZERO cancer cells!"
The room got loud again. I heard a few "Congrats!!" and some "So you're cancer free, Danny?" and a few other "Woohooo!!"'s.
So, we celebrated right there in my parents living room and dining room, before going out to haunted houses. Surrounded by some family and close family friends. It was perfect!



That's all for today. A shorter post than usual, but it's dinner time now! And I couldn't leave you all hanging for another day!! Please remember to follow and SHARE!!! Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment