Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to Florida

I've got some news!! :)
I ordered our custom bracelets today!!! They are royal blue and say Love, Marriage, Cancer... Babies? (followed by a cancer ribbon). The words are all debossed. I ordered 200, and we've already gotten orders from some people. I may have to order more before the fundraiser events start! :) The price was decided by feedback on Facebook, and is set at $3 each. Let me know here or on Facebook if you want to place an order! Or if you want to wait until the fundraiser events, that's fine. I should have bracelets at each event for sale!

We are currently still looking for a location for the game night fundraiser. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share them! :) I think we are trying to sort of go with a Carnival theme for all the kids activities, and we are so excited about it!

I mentioned the other day that we've gone global... and we've added even more views from around the world! Welcome Brazil and Russia! Thank you EVERYONE for reading, following and sharing! And thank you thank you thank you for those that are donating, placing Scentsy orders, and placing bracelet orders! I never expected for all of this to happen, and certainly not so fast! It's all so amazing!!

I think that's about all the updates I have for you today. Now it's time for some of my favorite memories! Our wonderful honeymoon trip!!!! :)


........................................................................................................................

Thursday evening we took Pixie and Zeus to my brother's house. They would stay there until we got home, and Kira would stay at the house. Our friends that kept Pix and Zeus for us during the hospital stay were going to come over every day and let her out and make sure she had fresh water and food (though, again, she doesn't eat when Danny isn't home). My dad was going to come mow our yard. Our bags were packed, except for what we would need in the morning. I had already checked in to our flight AND the cruise and had all the paperwork we needed. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, excited, anxious, and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep!
One of my best friends brought over a card for us and told us goodbye. She couldn't wait to hear all about the trip. After she left I opened the card and found money inside that she told us to use for fun stuff on the cruise! So I added it to our hidden cash supply that was in my Carry On bag. Then it was time to try to sleep!

The next morning we got up earlier than I ever wake up (with the exception of Black Friday!), and my dad drove over to pick us up and take us to the airport. I was a bit nervous about flying, but couldn't wait to get away from reality!
"Well, are you guys excited?"
"So excited!!" I basically talked my dad's ear off about what we had planned, the shore excursion, etc. My dad was as excited as we were, he had always wanted to go on a cruise. And the Mayan Ruins was something he really wanted to see! I promised him we would take a ton of pictures for him.
"Well, here we are. Your mom will pick you up when you get back, call us if you need anything! Love you!" I hugged my dad and thanked him for driving us so early in the morning.
Walking in to the airport, I suddenly got nervous. What if i got sick on the plane? What if our layover in Atlanta wasn't long enough and we miss our flight to Florida??? Since we had checked in online, we just had to check in our luggage. We did that, and then put our luggage in the correct area so it could get loaded on to the plane.
The flight was better than I was expecting. I had to have the window seat, because otherwise I get sick. But it was smooth sailing... or rather, flying. We got to Atlanta and I was in shock. I knew it was a huge airport, but knowing it and seeing it are two entirely different things! We had a three hour layover and planned on trying not to get lost, and also having lunch.
We got off the plane and realized the gate for our next flight was literally right next to where we got off the plane. No way would we get lost!!! We were expecting to have to go across the entire airport to get to our next flight. We walked around and looked at all the restaurants. We seen the ESPN restaurant but decided we didn't have enough time to eat there since we'd spent so much time walking around. We ended up eating Nathan's hot dogs and sitting at the windows watching planes take off and land.
The flight from Atlanta to Florida was also great, after we finally got in the air. Before we could take off they were moving people around (and all I could think was DO NOT move my husband away from me!!!). Then they came over the speakers and told everyone to turn off their cell phones. It took me a minute to dig mine out, it had fallen to the bottom of my bag. I finally got it out and was turning it off when a flight attendant walked by.
"YOU HAVE TO TURN THAT OFF!!" Why the EFF is this lady YELLING at me?!
"That is ACTUALLY what I'm doing."
"Turn it off NOW ma'am." WHAT THE HECK IS THIS LADY'S PROBLEM?!
"It is shutting off, as you can see! I hit the power button before you were even OVER here, it takes a minute." I showed her the screen to prove my point but she was obviously having QUITE the day and she just walked off.
"Danny what the heck was that about? I didn't do anything wrong. The plane isn't even moving towards the runway yet..."
"You don't even want to know what my opinion is of that lady..... but I think you should send an email about it..." Mental note, email the airline about THAT wonderful experience...
The actual flight was fine. I listened to the free XM radio, and jammed out to some country music. Flying over Florida was amazing. I was pointing out the window and talking to Danny and he just had the biggest grin on his face. He'd been to Florida, none of this was new to him. I'd never been East, aside from a road trip to Chicago in high school, and Chicago isn't really EAST. It's just further than Kansas. He was loving the fact that I was loving it!
We road a tram from our gate to the front of the airport. That thing was CRAZY FAST!! You had to hold on tight and hope that you didn't tick off the person next to you when you bumped into them which was bound to happen!
We stood at the baggage claim for quite a while waiting on our luggage... Which never came. Danny finally spotted both suitcases in a roped off area.
"There they are..."
"What? Those are ours?? Why are they over there?"
"I don't know, but I will go find out." And off he went!
He came back a few minutes later, with both suitcases trailing behind him.
"Well? Why were they over there?"
"Because they got here three hours ago and we didn't get here until just now." ha! Didn't even think about our luggage getting here faster than us!
We went out the front of the airport and found the van that was picking us up. We gave the driver our luggage and climbed in the very back, there was another family sharing the van with us. 
On the way to our hotel we chatted with the family, which was from North Carolina. They were so sweet! They were going on the same cruise we were, and they had quite a bit more family that would be arriving before Sunday to go as well.
It was storming like crazy and I was thinking of Kansas storms, how they can last hours, have lots of wind and hail, etc.
"Do you think it will storm all night babe?" Danny laughed at me...
"Ummm no, I bet it stops raining in about five minutes..." WHAT?!
"Five minutes?! It just started! And it seems bad!"
"Welcome to Florida..."
By the time we got into Cocoa Beach, it had stopped storming. Danny was right... Of course! We pulled into our hotel first, and we were right across the street from Ron Jon Surf Shop. I knew we were close to it but I didn't realize how close! I was ready to drop our stuff off, go shopping, and get to the beach! Everyone was in swimsuits, no matter what they were doing. It was an entirely different world here than in Kansas, and I LOVED IT!!!
We paid for the trip, and paid in advance for the same company to pick us up from the cruise terminal and take us to the airport. Then went to check in at the front desk of the hotel. Our room was ready and we could go right up!
"Wow babe!" I know, right?! Since I had booked the room, Danny didn't know what to expect.
"Isn't is amazing? It's even better than the pictures online!"
I had booked the whirlpool suite, we were on the top floor, and it was awesome!!
We hung out in the room for a while, and then decided to go explore. We went into Ron Jon, and decided there were a lot of things that we just HAD to have. We bought a couple things, then dropped that stuff off at the hotel and headed to dinner... Which means we walked down the street to Taco Bell. We'd seen the sign when we were dropped off at the hotel and it was within walking distance, so we were all set. We ate there and walked outside, and I spotted.... DAIRY QUEEN!!!!! If you know me, you know that DQ Blizzards are my addiction. Yummm!!!
"DANNY!!!! There's a DAIRY QUEEN!!!!"
"Oh lord...."
"Oh I am SO excited!!"
"We will come back down here later, lets go check out the beach now..." Good enough for me!
We walked to the beach, which was just a block away. And it was BEAUTIFUL!!! We followed the beach for a while, and then headed back up towards the houses and hotels. We had ended up on the block our hotel was on, so that worked out wonderfully. We decided to walk around a bit more and of course, I had to take some pictures!


Our room took up the top two diamonds, and another window on the left.  
We walked back down to Dairy Queen, which was PACKED. We ate our blizzards there, and then walked back to the hotel. We went inside and settled in for the night. Which of course meant we turned on the tv and watched our normal shows. It felt like home... except we were in Florida. We watched the news, which (no offense to any Floridians) was so much worse than the news reports at home. So much murder, so many drug busts, etc.  I decided that although I loved Florida already, it was kind of a scary place! I definitely wasn't in Kansas anymore!!

The next morning we decided to eat at Ihop, since it was right across the street from the hotel. Then we walked to Walgreens, which was in the same parking lot, and got some last minute things for the cruise. Advil, sunscreen, after-sun lotion, a couple of water bottles. Then it was TIME FOR THE BEACH!!!! :)

After trying to take our own picture, which wasn't working, we gave up. But then a local came over.
"I seen you guys struggling to take a picture, would you like me to take it?" Awwww!!
"Actually that would be great! Thank you so much!"
"You're welcome! Ok, smile!" He handed me back the camera and the picture was perfect!
"This is perfect, thank you so much again!"
"No problem, enjoy your trip!" So, Florida is scary on the NEWS, but the people are great!
The heat on the beach in Florida was insane. The temperature was technically lower than it was in Kansas, but that sun was STRONG. We stayed for a while, but once our water was gone and the beach got crowded, we were ready to head back to the hotel.
That night we had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was a pizza place! It was delicious and had a great view of their little circular aquarium which housed sharks and a few other sea creatures. I took pictures of the sharks, they were gorgeous, especially since they were on the other side of the glass and couldn't get me! Ha! And then I needed dessert... so you guessed it, off we went to DQ!!!
We decided to check with the front desk before heading upstairs for the night, to see what time we needed to be ready for the ride to the cruise terminal. Danny got it all figured out and we headed upstairs. I was going to miss the hotel and I was definitely going to miss Florida.
"I hope the cruise is even better than this... I want to come back here some day. I love it this place."
"I do too. And the cruise will definitely be better!" I hope he's right... maybe we should've just booked a hotel here for a week...


Ok, this ended up being a lot longer than I expected, and I'm not even to the first day of the cruise yet! I will continue one with this AMAZING part of our story tomorrow. Please read, follow and SHARE!! :) Thanks for reading!!








No comments:

Post a Comment