Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Donate Button!!!

Paypal worked out my issue, our bank account (NOT the account we use daily, but the savings account we will be saving our IVF fund in) is now verified, and I could finally claim the donation I sent to myself!!!

The Donate button is up on the page again and officially works!!

My next step will be trying to figure out how to add a ticker that shows how much has been donated and from who (if the person wants to put their name out there, if not that's okay too!). And how close we are to meeting our goal!
I do want to add though, that we are unsure of what our goal actually is. We want to cover some of the cost ourselves, because it benefits us and only us. Also, there will be lots of expenses not covered by our insurance that isn't accounted in the $10,000 average. For one, medication. I'm hoping that goes by weight so I can have small doses and then it will cost less. We will also have to have ICSI, which is a separate expense also.
And, of course, a portion of every donation through PayPal goes directly to PayPal. For example, I donated $5 from our everyday PayPal to our IVF fund PayPal. I didn't want to add a lot because I assumed there would be some kinks to work out. There were of course, and those are now worked out. But of that $5.00, we only get $4.55. Part of the donation went to PayPal fees.

I also MUST let you all know, your donation is NOT tax deductible. We aren't a non-profit organization. Maybe some day we can form an organization that will help others who are suffering from infertility due to cancer treatments, but today we are not that organization. It takes QUITE a while to get that non-profit status also. So that will come later, and we can hopefully help others then.
I repeat... your donation is NOT tax deductible!!

Ok, that's all for now. I just needed to shout loud and clear that the Donate button is up and working! :) I will continue on with our story in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment