Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm starting to hate the color green

Quick update, the bracelets SHIIPED yesterday!! :) According to fedex tracking, they should be here tomorrow! I will get the ones that need mailed out asap, but I will need addresses. If you ordered, please message me with your address, and the number that you ordered so I can be sure I got it right on my list :) If you are local, I can bring them to you, no big deal!

Also, THANK you to everyone that has donated! I think I've thanked everyone personally but I just wanted to thank you all here. We are almost to $200 now!

That's all I've got for now! ........................................................................................................................

Thursday morning we woke up early again, and headed down to get breakfast. We needed to be off the ship asap so we could get to our excursion! We headed to the buffet again, and stuffed our faces with the delicious food. When we were done, we went to the exit to wait for the port to open.
Getting off the ship in Grand Cayman was perfect!

There were tons of shops, including a Hard Rock. The weather was perfect, and the excursion was only going to take half of the time we were in port. We loaded up on a bus and headed to Dolphin Cove.
"DANNY!!! Did  you see that?!"
"The Dairy Queen we just drove by?"
"YES!!! I LOVE this place!!!"
We got to Dolphin Cove and got to walk through a mini "zoo," There were lizards and birds and our tour guide showed us the different kinds of flowers native to the area. It was all interesting but I was just ready to get to the dolphins!! We walked through the gift shop to get to the swimming area and I could see the dolphins jumping and swimming around.
"Oh my gosh Danny, look! They're amazing!!!"
"Yes they are. Have fun babe, I will be over here recording it all!"
The people out with the dolphins instructed them to do some tricks, and everyone was in awe.
After lots of instructions, putting on life jackets, and removing all jewelry, everyone in the group was ready. The instructor separated those who could swim well, those who could swim okay, and those that didn't want to get all the way in the water. I got put in the smallest group, the good swimmers. Our dolphin was Ziggy, so we went over to the big section, where he was.
First my group got to pet Ziggy as he swam in front of us. Then Ziggy "sang" to us. I was in heaven!!
"Okay everyone, swim out a few feet and tread water. Ziggy is going to pick someone to dance with."
ZIGGY PICKED ME!!!! He "stood up" and did circles right in front of me. My face was drenched, my mouth was full of salt water, and I couldn't wipe that smile off my face! It was FABULOUS!!!
Then it was time for everyone to get individual pictures taken with Ziggy by the Dolphin Cove photographers.
After everyone got their pictures done, the group was split up and it was time to actual swim WITH Ziggy. He would go to one group, one person would hold on to his fin, and he would swim back to where we originally were, pulling the swimmer with him. It's amazing how fast dolphins swim, when they aren't even trying to swim fast! I was shocked! I also wasn't ready for the swim to be over, but we'd been there for quite a while, learned a lot, and it was time to go. Besides, Ziggy had gotten so many fish treats, I think he was too full to do anything else...
We went inside and paid for one of the pictures the photographer had taken, along with a shirt for me and a bunch of stuff for Faith. A dolphin stuffed animal, a shirt, a headband. My shirt said "I swam with Ziggy!"
We loaded up on the bus and went back to the port, and Danny and I set off to do some shopping. The first stop was the jewelry store, to look for the watch Danny was wanting. The stores we went to there wanted even more than the store in Jamaica had wanted so Danny decided he would just wait to get his watch until we got home, and he would wait even longer if he needed to. I found an amazing pair of tanzanite earrings though, and Danny indulged me (only because he haggled the jeweler down to a great price!). We finished up at the jewelry stores and went out to get a few more things for Faith, needless to say she made out like a bandit once we finally piled up everything we'd bought her and realized we went a little overboard!
"Okay, I think I've stopped at every store that I wanted to... and I'm hungry."
"Of course you are!!!" Ha ha ha, so funny.
"Hard Rock good for you?"
"Let's shop in there first, then eat."
Danny found another Hard Rock shirt and then we got in line to be seated. I had never eaten in a Hard Rock before so I was in awe of everything all over all the walls and the ceiling. Danny pointed out different things and told me about them. The food was  great, and we got to keep our pop glasses.
 Afterwards we had to hurry back to the ship, we still had another hour left in port but we wanted to get back on the ship and get settled before we left.
That night was uneventful. We decided that we wouldn't try to eat in the dining room again, because I was THAT afraid it would make me sick to sit in there with all those other people and all those windows and it just wasn't going to happen. Besides, the pizza place and the buffet were both good for me.
Friday morning we went for our usual buffet breakfast, and then got ready for the excursion Danny was so excited about. The Mayan Ruins Tour and Beach Break!! After we got to the port, we had to take a "ferry" to Tulum. I say "ferry" because the dang thing was HUGE and was enclosed like a little mini cruise ship. We were shuffled down below, with WAY too many people for my comfort, and we took off on the water. The "ferry" was rocking and swaying and it was AWFUL!! I tried to focus on the video they had playing on the tv in the front, but even the video made me nauseous. Why? Because it was all creepy crawlies eating other creepy crawlies and I saw NO reason why they were showing something so disgusting.
"You okay babe?" Uhhhh NO!!!
"Shhh. I can't talk. I've got to concentrate on not throwing up."
"Fair enough...."
After what seemed like an hour, we finally reached the port in Tulum. We were all separated then depending on what excursion we were on, and then Danny and I got on a bus that was going to the ruins.
The entire way there, our tour guide told us about the Mayans. He was a really nice man and welcomed many questions from people. He told us, as we pulled up to the ruins area, what our schedule was, and it was pretty tight. We only had so much time at the ruins and so much time at the beach, and then we had to get back to the Tulum port, so we could get back to Cozumel.
Walking around the ruins was an incredible experience. To know that people lived there, so many years ago, and were so advanced for their time, it was all just a lot to take in. I wanted to reach out and touch everything, just to say I could. However, the most amazing structures were roped off so you couldn't get near.
"Sadly, you can no longer walk up these steps and see what is inside this building. A couple of years ago it was decided that this should no longer be allowed, after it was discovered that someone signed their name on original Mayan art. This ended the opportunity for others to share in this experience of seeing something so old still intact, and I'm so sorry you all don't get to see it, and everything else inside these buildings."
Seriously?! Some people!!! Ugh!!!
We walked around and learned how the Mayans saved rain water, about how they farmed the lands and traded with other civilizations. I couldn't take enough pictures, I wanted to remember it ALL.

Our time at the ruins ended too soon, but before we had gone in to the ruins area we had the chance to sign up to have our names and anniversary printed on wood paper, in Mayan. When we got back on the bus, it was ready for us.
"This isn't something I can read, and I'm not even sure it's CORRECT, but this is my favorite thing that we've bought on this entire trip Danny!!"
"Well, dang. I could've saved a lot of money on those earrings if I'd known a printing on wood paper would make you so happy." Oh whatever!!
"No, I love the earrings, just not as much as I love this is all."
We headed to the beach on the bus, and Danny was miserable. His wisdom tooth had been bothering him all day and it was getting considerably worse. I hadn't thought to bring any Advil, so we had no options. When we got to the beach, we asked our guide if there was any sort of pain medicine available to us.
"I'm sorry, we don't have anything. You said it's your tooth? I can get you some tequila to rub on it, that should take care of it real quick." Uhhh, no.
We declined and decided to just go eat and hope that it didn't get any worse. The beach had a restaurant which supplied us with fajitas and chips. Danny could barely eat, but he did decide to have a beer.
"So, since we're in Mexico, do they have like... Corona?"
"I don't think so babe. But I will find out." No Corona, in Mexico? I bet they've got it...
Danny came back and shook his head... but had a different kind of beer for himself. He offered to get me one too but I didn't want to try it, bottled water was just fine with me. Once we were done at the restaurant, we walked down the stairs to the most gorgeous beach I have ever seen!!!
"White sand beach... it doesn't even feel like sand Danny!!"
"This beach is my favorite... Good choice on this over shopping." Is he being sarcastic?
"Ha, thanks! I'm sorry you aren't feeling good though."
"I'll be fine. Let's just enjoy this beach time."
And we did. The water was the perfect temperature, the chairs were comfortable. I found myself wishing we had another whole day there.
We stayed until our tour guide said we had to load up, and even then we didn't WANT to leave. Aside from the pain pills Danny needed, we were content there on that beach.
We rode the bus back to the port in Tulum and had to load in to that dreadful "ferry" to get back to Cozumel. We were being rushed and I couldn't figure out why. Danny pulled out his cell phone (which we were using as a watch since the phone obviously didn't work there for calls and texts). We were late!! The ship was supposed to be sailing already!! The "ferry" was full of people from our ship, so evidently EVERY excursion ran over on time.
"They won't leave without us, right?"
"No, we were on their excursion, they won't. You just try not to get sick, you're turning green again." I'm starting to hate the color green.
We got back to Cozumel and walked as fast as we could to our ship. We didn't run, because there were a lot of us so those view extra seconds didn't matter. But we weren't going to just stroll along either.
We made it back to the ship, got to our room to unload everything, and Danny took his pain meds. We decided to go ahead and have dinner (the dinner on the beach wasn't very filling... don't judge me!) and then we would start packing so we didn't have to pack all day the next day.
We went out on the balcony shortly after we sailed away from Cozumel and had visitors!!!
There were four dolphins playing and jumping high in the water. I had counted on seeing dolphins from our balcony and it FINALLY happened!! I was one happy girl!!
Once Danny's toothache went away and we had dinner, we packed everything that we wouldn't need the next two days, and spent the rest of the evening on the balcony.


That's it for today, I'm sorry this post was so late, it was a busy day! Tomorrow I will tell about our last day on the ship, coming home from Florida, and then coming back to reality.
Please continue to read, follow and SHARE! Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment