Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Okay, Negative Nelly

Ahhhh it's Wednesday and I'm JUST NOW getting a chance to blog. Really, I don't know how employed people find the time to do this day in and day out!! But I won't complain because I'd rather have a job than have nothing!
I'm having a hard time adjusting. My body still wasn't used to the new time change, and then this week I have been up early every day (earlier than I'd been up in MONTHS), so I've been absolutely exhausted. Last night I went to bed super early and I can finally say that today I woke up and didn't feel dead. The constant rain doesn't help my energy level though... Ahhhh okay, I'm done with my pity party!

FUNDRAISER UPDATES!!!!

My Pure Romance Party is this Friday! Looks like we will have a good turn out for it! Hopefully the orders really add up!!

The first Mary Kay order has gone in. You still have another week to order, so ORDER ORDER ORDER. Remember, this fundraiser is for THIS MONTH ONLY. And we get 50%!!! That's a HUGE percentage and we really want to take advantage of that!!!

The Cut-a-Thon is THIS SUNDAY!! If you're local PLEASE come out and show your support! $20 haircuts (by AMAZING stylists) and $5 15 minute massages! You CANNOT beat that deal! There will be food and drinks for sale and bracelets available as usual. We want this to be BIG BIG BIG!!

The photography fundraiser has been rescheduled for April. Once I have a date I will let everyone know! If you're interested but want to see more of Jennifer's work (the picture at the top of this page is by her, and the picture at the bottom of me kissing Danny's cheek and Faith laughing is also her work) let me know. I have HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of pictures she's taken of us that are wonderful!

As always the Scentsy fundraiser is still open and on going :) I'm hoping that Tonya will even have a booth set up at the Cut-a-Thon but am just waiting on the okay right now! This is a great chance to come smell all the scents and buy items she has in stock already!

The Zumba fundraiser is slowly coming together but I don't want to share any details until it's all set in stone. But be sure to check back often so you can be in the know!!

That's all the fundraiser info I've got today!! ON WITH OUR STORY!!!!
..............................................................................................................................................


Danny's third chemo week was coming up and things at home were a little crazy. One of our new kittens had been sick basically since the day we got her and we spent many afternoons at the vet's office (two different vets) trying to figure out what was wrong and what to do to help her. I was stressed and upset and Danny was starting to feel worn down from the chemo. Our house wasn't a happy house.

Monday morning we decided we should call the vet again and see if we could get yet another refill on Dahlia's (my sweet sweet kitten) antibiotic. I did that while we ate our normal pre-chemo lunch together. When I hung up I was feeling optimistic.
"The lady said it sometimes takes a couple of rounds of it, so we can pick it up tonight."
"Okay. We will try to rush through chemo and then get Faith and run out there. They're open until six, right?" Ohhh it's going to be such a rushed night.
"Yeah, six."
We headed to the cancer center and Danny went back for labs. He was back quick and we headed down to the comfy waiting room to work on our puzzle.
"Another new one. I wish we could see one finished. We always get the beginning or middle and never get to see one all done..."
"I'm glad we don't. That would mean we are here WAY too much." Touche!
BzzzBBZZzzzzz What?!?! Already?
"That was REALLY fast."
"Yeah it was... Let's go." Maybe we really will get out of here quick.
We were walked back to the scales and Danny was weighed.
"You've put on a couple pounds! That's great!" That IS great! How is that possible when he is having to force himself to eat though?
"You must be a good cook!" ME?! Is she talking to me?!
"Ha!! No. Unless you count spaghetti or french toast. Neither of which he's wanted lately. So he's been dependant on cereal."
"Hey, whatever works." That's right. Whatever he can force down his throat.
We went into our normal appointment room and waited for Dr Johnson. We only waited about two minutes before he came in.
"Hey there! How are you feeling?"
"I'm doing alright." Just alright, though. Not great like he usually says...
"Any side effects? Tingling in the hands and feet? Mouth sores?"
"Cold intolerance for the same amount of time as usual, and I'm feeling kind of tired."
"Well all in all I'd say you're doing pretty good if that's how you're feeling. And you've put on a couple pounds and that bumps up your chemo dosage." There was something I wanted to tell him... What was it, what was it??
"He had heartburn last time, worst than the first time. It was pretty bad."
"Okay, I will go ahead and make sure they give the shot for that. Along with the higher dose. Let's do the quick physical...." A shot for this, a shot for that, a chemo pump. Blah blah blah. Poor Danny is getting stabbed so many times it's ridiculous... I could never do all this. Ever.
"Okay, everything is great. We will raise your dosage, add the extra med.... Any questions on anything?"
"Nope."

We walked down to the regular waiting room and decided to just wait there. The place seemed kind of empty. Sure enough, we were buzzed right away and taken to a chair that was open in the large room.
"Hey you two. Last name and birthday?"
"Crabb. Nine, one, seventy two."
"Okay, I've got everything set to go and have a machine ready for you. That will speed up the time you're sitting here for this part."
"That's really great actually, we need to get out of here before five today."
"We are running ahead and since you have the machine today, you should be out of here WELL before that. Don't worry." Well that's a welcome surprise...
The nurse walked off after hooking Danny up to his first bag, looked at his paperwork, and came back.
"You get these sheets every chemo week, right?" Yes but who can read those things?!
"Yeah but we don't really know what each number is..."
"Oh I'm sorry nobody has explained all of these to you. Here let me grab a pen..." Is there something wrong? If there was something wrong, Dr Johnson would've said something... What the heck!!
"Okay, this number is... normal is in this range over here and this shows that this number is normal.... This number..." blah blah blah blah blah. Everything has been in the normal range every time. Why is the paper bent? Why can't I see the numbers at the bottom?
"Okay, so now we're going to look at his cell counts... This number is low. It's not dangerously low where he'd have to be in the hospital or anything. And it's not even so low that he has to have the booster shot. BUT, that chemo is building up in him and this number will probably drop again after this week's treatment. It's low enough to be cautious." Be cautious? Hospital? SHOT?! What the heck did I miss here?!
"So... Cautious how? What's that number mean?"
"His ability to fight off infections is what is basically shown in that number. It's low so his body isn't going to fight everything off as easily as normal. He needs to be sure to stay away from anyone who is sick. I wouldn't be so drastic as to wear a mask in public, but I would be sure to use the antibacterial wipes on the cart handles at stores. Just be extra careful." Ohhhh geez.
"Okay."
"And since the dosage is higher this time, I will assume that number will definitely go down even more." Okay, Negative Nelly.
"I'll be careful."
"Okay, let's get your next med set up, your first bag is done." Wait, what? Already??
"That was fast..."
"That machine forces the fluids in more quickly than just gravity does." That's awesome!
"Well goodness, we need that machine every time then!"
"I'll do what I can." Oh that would be really great.
The rest of the treatment went by equally as fast and we were seriously out of there in record time. So fast, as a matter of fact, that we had time to get to the vet to pick up Dahlia's medicine before we got Faith from daycare. Faith was ecstatic that we made it in time to get her for the evening on a chemo day, and we were happy to be home and on a somewhat normal schedule for the rest of the night.


That's all I've got for today. I'm exhausted, in case  you didn't catch on earlier ;) Thanks for reading and please remember to SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment