Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, March 12, 2012

At least he listened to me...

Good Monday Morning!!

The cupcake event is going and going well!! We didn't get as many orders as we did for Valentine's Day, but I'm hoping the Easter Cupcake Event next month will be the biggest yet!!

Have you placed your Mary Kay order yet?! If you plan on ordering, send Mandi a message on Facebook and let her know what you want. And if you need to wait a couple weeks before you order, just let her know! :)

If you're my friend on Facebook, you've seen the big YUMMY news. If not, I can finally tell you!!
The CHERRY BERRY FUNDRAISER!! Yumm!! Cherry Berry (at Central and Maize) is donating 10% of their sales on April 19 from 4-10pm to our IVF fund!!!! So, come on out and enjoy some fro-yo!! Bring the kids! Bring some friends!!

If you are on our Facebook, you've also seen the details on the Cut-A-Thon! I will update the fundraiser page later but here's what you need to know:



Please feel free to share my post on Facebook, save this picture and share it yourself, email it to your friends, etc. We want it to be HUGE!!

I think that's all the updates I have for now... On with our story!!

..........................................................................................................................................................


The night of the second chemo treatment wasn't as easy as the first time...
"What do you want to eat babe?"
"Nothing sounds good. I could really go without dinner tonight." What?! Seriously?
"You have to eat dinner. You can't just skip a meal!"
"Nothing sounds good." Too stinkin' bad!
"I'm sorry, that stinks. But you HAVE to eat. If you don't, you're going to get sick. Maybe you can just snack around or something. But you have got to eat!"
"Well then I will just have some cereal." Better than nothing.
I made Danny a bowl of his favorite cereal and set it down in front of him. He ate two bowls.
"So, I guess Cinnamon Toast Crunch tasted good even if it didn't sound good?"
"It was okay." Okay?!
"You had TWO bowls!"
"You said I had to eat!" At least he listened to me... This time...
We sat around watching tv for a while, and then the night got worse. Danny looked miserable.
"What's wrong? Do you feel sick?"
"Heartburn." Oh great.
"Well, I think we may have something for that. Let me look." I got up and went through our medicine cabinet as fast as possible. He really looked awful. I came up empty handed.
"Okay, I was wrong. We don't have anything for it. Do you want to go to the store and get something for it?"
"No, I will call the doctor tomorrow and ask what I can take." This sucks.
"Okay..."
That night before bed, Danny rolled up the chemo pump and put it above our heads on the bed again. And yet again, we both slept like absolute crap. I KNEW the sound I kept hearing every minute or so was the pump, but that didn't stop me from checking my phone. It all sounded the same!

The next morning we both woke up groggy.
"Did you sleep okay? Is the heartburn gone?"
"I don't feel like I slept at all. But the heartburn is gone." Thank goodness!
"Well, that's good news then. You should still call the doctor though, so you know for next time."
"I will call sometime this week." What a procrastinator!
"Whatever. Now, let's stop at Quik Trip before work. You need some hot chocolate or something to drink."
We then went about our day like it was any other day. Off to work. Then home and Danny headed to school. By the time he got home I was ready for bed and he was getting ready for bed too.
"Did you eat something on your way home?"
"Well no." Ohhh no.
"Well then go eat something now. You're not skipping dinner!"
"Okay MOM." Whatever.
"Someone has to take care of you and make sure you're eating!! Did you eat lunch?"
"Yes, and I ate during my morning break and my afternoon break." Surprise surprise.
"Well that's great. But you still need dinner."
"Ugghhh." Love you too, punk!

That night was full of tossing and turning again, but we both woke up happy that it was finally Wednesday! No more pump! And it was our day with Faith! We couldn't ask for more!!
That night after we got Faith, she asked me about her Daddy, again.
"How many more chemo's does Daddy have left?"
"Well, he just got done today with his second session. So, he's only got FOUR more before he gets a little break."
"Four. Okay. And then three. And then two. And then one! And then I won't have to miss any days with you guys for a while?" Awwww.
"That's right baby. We are really going to try to hurry up the nurses from now on, too. So we can still get you on chemo days."
"Oh GOOD, because I miss my Daddy those days. I miss you too. But I really miss my Daddy."
"He really misses you on those days too. Being around you makes him feel a lot better, so he really needs to see you those days. And I need you to help me make sure he eats! We have to tell him over and over again sometimes."
"Because he doesn't listen?!" Ha! Right!
"Not when it comes to eating dinner those nights!"
"I will help you. He will eat for both of us." He better!!




Please continue to read, follow, and SHARE SHARE SHARE!! Thanks everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment