Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!! Part 3

Got another donation!!! Thank you Brandon W!!!!

Quick reminder of all the fundraisers going on NOW!!

Cupcakes! I will be starting to take orders this week for 4th of July cupcakes. Simple cupcakes/frosting with just red/white/blue sprinkles. $15 per dozen!

Scentsy/Velata is still ongoing!! Place your orders now!!!
https://scents2enjoy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=90876587
https://melt2enjoy.velata.us/Velata/Buy?partyId=90892442

Pampered Chef started up last night! Make sure you check out the guest specials!! You get a free peeler of your choice with any $60 order!!
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tcoop?page=host-search-results&showId=3699616

The IVF Fundraising GARAGE SALE will be in two weeks! And, WE NEED YOUR STUFF!! Got some boxes of things you need to get rid of? BRING THEM OVER!! Message me and I will give you the address!!!!

And the Christmas in July ornaments will be made next week and I will be posting pictures and prices as soon as possible!! These ornaments WILL be shipped out to anyone ordering (unless you're local and WANT to pick them up or we can deliver them).

If you are wanting to help with other ideas/etc, let me know! We are open to ideas and suggestions!!!

............................................................................................................................................................

After walking down the aisle, my girls tied my dress up, we walked back UP the aisle, and presented our mothers with flowers to thank them for everything. We then released each pew ourselves, thanking everyone for coming right then.
We left the church in the 2010 Camaro instead of the 69 (convertible, in the heat, no longer seemed like a good idea). Danny opened the door for me, I got in and we stuffed my dress in the rest of the way. Danny got in, and we were off.
"Do you want to head straight for the reception hall?" Ahhh I want to stay in this car!!
"No, we'd beat all of these people there... Let's drive around a bit, enjoy the car, then go."
So we did.... Not five minutes later, Danny said his seat was really hot.
"Well, you're still in your tux jacket, and the seat was in the sun."
"No babe, it's WAY warmer than that, and it's getting warmer." What? Is he sick?!
"Are you okay? Maybe it's your nerves..."
"It is not, it's the seat. Look and see if there's a seat warmer on those buttons..." There are a lot of buttons... I don't see a seat warmer button.
"I don't see one..."
"LOOK! There it is. Ahhh..." Oh, that button was hidden! Whoops!!
We drove around a bit longer, and then headed to the reception.
Our wedding party was ready in the hallway for us, so we could get announced one by one.
Immediately after walking in to the cheers of our family and friends, we headed to the food! I was starving! We walked into the "food room" and I seen my favorite, MAC AND CHEESE!!
What?!?! Where did that come from?! That wasn't on any of the lists!! Oh I LOVE little surprises like this!!!
I loaded my plate down, and went to our table. My girls had to try again to fix my dress, and we were finally able to sit down and eat. The food was delicious, but as soon as I started eating, it's like my hunger disappeared. There was too much going on, too much excitement, for me to eat.
Once everyone had their plates and sat to eat, we were done. It was time for the speeches!
Danny's best man, Burke, went first. His speech was absolutely hilarious, but still personal and just wonderful all around.
Jessica's speech made me bawl, because that's what I do and because it was just THAT GOOD.
"Thank you Jess. I love you. Can I keep this, for our wedding box? So I can always remember everything you said?" I was holding her speech.
"Yes, yes! Of course!! Love you too! I'm so happy for you!"

Everything was well planned out and we then had our first dance. Immediately followed by cutting the cake.
We cut our little piece, and got ready to NOT shove the cake in each other's faces. We'd had an agreement. Danny went AGAINST that agreement. I had cake all over my nose... After the death-glare I gave him, he grabbed a napkin and cleaned me up, and I laughed at how easily my dirty look worked!


Danny thought we were done, but nope... I had a surprise for HIM!!! I had planned on a groom's cake that looked like a hockey rink.. for the Pittsburgh Penguins! I had snuck out his little Pens Zamboni from his shelf almost a week before, and Deena (my wonderful boss and cake baker) did the rest. Deena brought the cake out...
"What is this?!" He loves it!! Look at that grin!!!
"Surprise!! Do you like it??"
"Like it?! I LOVE IT!! That is AWESOME!!"
"I am SO GLAD they won last night, otherwise this cake would really make you sad..."
Danny cracked up. We were both ecstatic that the Pens had WON THE STANLEY CUP the night before, and the cake just pushed it over the top.


The rest of the night was full of dancing. Danny danced with his mom, I danced with my dad. There were some minor hiccups (we had a balloon drop set for our first dance, the string broke and only about five balloons fell out... The owner of the hall ended up grabbing all of the extra balloons that hadn't fit in the bag and tossed them on Danny and Vickie while they danced, it was perfect and adorable!!), but that was expected.
The party was spread out in our hall, inside and out. We had an absolute blast. But, just like any newly married couple, we were also exhausted and ready to just GO.
We told our goodbyes and thank yous to everyone that was left, and we headed to the hotel which Bethany and her mom had booked for us. Burke dropped us off, and as we were getting out of the truck at the hotel, fireworks started going off.
FIREWORKS!! My favorite!! We couldn't have them ourselves, so this couldn't have worked out any better!!!!
There were people standing outside of the hotel watching the fireworks, and when we climbed out of the truck, they all started clapping and humming the wedding march. I hadn't walked down the aisle to the wedding march, so that was a new experience. It was BEYOND PERFECT.

EVERYTHING that entire day was beyond perfect!! I couldn't have asked for anything more.
I will end this post with my favorite pre-wedding photo, and the pics from the bouquet and garter toss!


Also.... Were you wondering what all the whispers were about during the ceremony? Well, you could see in the picture of us doing the sand ceremony. My "dripless candles" weren't dripless AT ALL. Wax was streaming down the candles, pooling up on the wax paper, and dripping down the brick wall. Thank you to those of you who helped clean it up after the ceremony was over!



And, that is our wedding story. Next week we will get back to posts about our chemo journey!! Thanks for reading and sharing everyone!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment