Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!! Part 2

Three posts in three days, WHERE IS MY COOKIE!?!?! I deserve one and I want it!!

I don't have any new updates about fundraisers today, so I will just give you all a reminder of what we've got going on:

Cupcakes! I will be starting to take orders this week for 4th of July cupcakes. Simple cupcakes/frosting with just red/white/blue sprinkles. $15 per dozen!

Scentsy/Velata is still ongoing!! Place your orders now!!!
https://scents2enjoy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=90876587
https://melt2enjoy.velata.us/Velata/Buy?partyId=90892442

Pampered Chef started up last night! Make sure you check out the guest specials!! You get a free peeler of your choice with any $60 order!!
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tcoop?page=host-search-results&showId=3699616

The IVF Fundraising GARAGE SALE will be in two weeks! And, WE NEED YOUR STUFF!! Got some boxes of things you need to get rid of? BRING THEM OVER!! Message me and I will give you the address!!!!

And the Christmas in July ornaments will be made next week and I will be posting pictures and prices as soon as possible!! These ornaments WILL be shipped out to anyone ordering (unless you're local and WANT to pick them up or we can deliver them).

If you are wanting to help with other ideas/etc, let me know! We are open to ideas and suggestions!!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

Today is our anniversary! Three years ago today, I married the love of my life! So, today I get to finish my post about that wonderful day!!!

It was time!! Everyone was seated, and the wedding party and I were waiting outside of the chapel in the hallway. Suddenly, I was nervous.
Why am I nervous? I've already seen Danny. And this is EXCITING. There's no reason to be nervous... Concentrate on his face as soon as I see him... Just concentrate on him... It's fine...

I clutched my bouquet tighter, double checked that my maid of honor had my vows, and grabbed a hold of my Dad's arm. I couldn't be more ready.
"Des, Des, what if I trip and fall?" What if you trip and fall? What if I trip and fall? Leave it to my niece to worry about something and get me worried too!!!
"Shianne, you WON'T trip and fall. Don't worry about it. It's almost time, turn around, you're first!!!"
And seconds later, she was almost pushed through the door so she would be in time with the music. I heard a clunk.
Ohhh no, she tripped and fell. I just know it.
My super sweet wedding planner (appointed by the church) seen my look of panic and reassured me.
"No worries, she didn't fall. Someone lost their shoe... Looks like a rather small shoe. And a parent just picked it up. It's out of the way, and she didn't trip on it." WHEW!!!
"Okay, great. Thanks."
Next up was Bethany. And then Kristy. They smiled big and went  on about their way. Last up was Jessica, who I had to ask AGAIN if she had my vows. Yes, she did, and she showed me.
Okay, it's show time. It's too late now for anything to change. If it goes wrong, it goes wrong. There are always hiccups, even in the best laid plans. Just concentrate on Danny and trust Dad not to let me trip and fall...
The ring bearers and flower girls were sent out, and I took a deep breath. There were loud giggles and oooo's and ahhhh's at all the little ones in their finery. I love these people. All of them. Everyone here sharing our day!!!
And then Barb gave me that look, and fluffed my train, and it was time.
The doors opened, and I glanced around at the packed pews and seen so many smiling faces!! I won't cry I won't cry I won't cry.... yet....

Slowly my Dad and I began to walk down the aisle. Finally, I could see Danny. There he is!! My almost-husband!! His smile is worth every bit of stress I've been under. He's worth it all. He's worth everything. I love this man... Ouch... What the??
I was tripping on my underskirt, which wasn't tied up quite high enough, and was hanging about three inches lower than necessary. I kicked it forward, we were only halfway there!! Crap!! Trip. Walk. Trip. Walk. SERIOUSLY?! This is taking too long! I picked up my dress. People giggled. Well crap again, how can I hold on to my dad while holding my dress?
Like he read my mind, my dad hitched up my dress for me, and I grabbed his arm. And we were off. People were laughing, and that was fine! It was funny! It was also touching. Leave it to my dad to know just what I needed, when I needed it. Even if it was just a hand with my gown!
Finally, we reached Danny. We had a song played before the prayer, and I was trying not to cry. However, many people in the pews couldn't control that, and I heard many sniffles. After my Dad handed me over to Danny and joined my mom on their pew, I felt the urge to turn around and look at him, one last time before becoming a wife...
He looks so sad and happy at the same time.. I love him so much! *I love you* I mouthed at him, and turned back around. MORE sniffles were coming from the pews. Goodness people! I'm not even crying yet! Get a grip!!!

Pastor Doug talked with us all about marriage, relationships, and love. He talked about us. He talked about all the hard work I put into the home-made aspects of the wedding, like the flowers that my girls and I did. The actual ceremony part seemed to fly by. During it all, I heard some whispers from the pews where my family was sitting. I ignored them and focused on every word that Pastor Doug said. We exchanged rings, and then did a Sand Ceremony. Then by Brad Paisley played while we poured the sand in our main vase. When planning the music, I never expected that one song would end up having so much meaning for us!



After the Sand Ceremony, I made a vow to Miss Faith, and planned on presenting her with a necklace... But she was already wearing it. No worries, she can go sit down in the pew again since she seems to be being pouty anyway... What's up with her??
I heard Pastor Doug about to announce us husband and wife...
I've still got my vows in my hand... We haven't said our vows!!!!! Ohmygosh!!
"We haven't done our vows" I whispered.
"What was that dear?" Oh gosh, OUR VOWS SILLY!!
"Our vows!" I whispered again, while holding up my printed up vows.
"OH Goodness!! You aren't married yet!! Time for the vows!!" Ha!! That was close!
People laughed, again. And that was great. This is stuff you have to laugh at.
I went first, and I said my vows, which I was oh so proud of. And then Danny went. He, of course, made me bawl.


FINALLY we were announced husband and wife!! I am now Mrs Daniel Crabb! Mrs Crabb!!! YES!!!
We kissed, and turned to our many loved ones. So many smiling faces, so many tears.

"At Last" By Etta James played, and we walked back down the aisle...With Danny holding the bottom of my gown up. Because NOBODY in the world can take care of me as well as my Dad, except Danny. <3


This has, yet again, gotten long fast... So TOMORROW I will blog about the rest of our day!!! Make sure you come back! Four days in a row of blog posts, I will be so proud of myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment