Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!!! Part 1

Updates updates updates!!!
Thank you Jenny R for your donation!
We are now at $1301!!! $1199 to go!! We are on the downhill slope of this, WE CAN DO IT!!! With all the fundraisers set up soon, there's not a doubt in my mind that we will meet our Crawl goal well in advance!! I think we should SURPASS IT! Show the wonderful people at Crawl For Cancer just how awesome our family, friends and blog followers are!!

The official garage sale weekend will be June 28-29-30. Our wonderful friend Crystal is taking this one on, and I couldn't be more thankful. We've got some stuff coming in and many people have offered up their boxes/bags full of stuff, and we are accepting it all now. Let me know if you need an address or if you want to meet up!

Pampered Chef fundraiser is SET UP!!! You can order NOW!!! Check out the guest specials! If you have any questions or would rather order directly from Tiffany, let me know. I will give you her number.
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tcoop?page=host-search-results&showId=3699616
I WILL be beginning to take orders for cupcakes this week. Meant to do that last week and got busy! I'm not as awesome as Miss Lyndsey though, and I don't plan on making a test batch to take pics of so you can see what you're ordering. I am just going to keep it simple! Chocolate or white cupcakes, with chocolate or white frosting. I MAY (read: MAY) even go so far as to do strawberry cupcakes, hmm. Anyway, since this fundraiser will be to help us reach our Crawl goal, I am going to sell them for $15 per dozen. And I'm hoping to use up the rest of the supplies/boxes we have!

........................................................................................................................................

Tomorrow marks our THREE YEAR wedding anniversary. Some days it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way!). Other days I can't BELIEVE we've been married so long! Our "dating" anniversary is next month, and we will have been together for six years. Can't believe that either!
When I started this blog, I didn't start at the beginning. I didn't tell you our love story. I didn't tell you about the most magical day of my life. I went right into some of the worst.... So, today I will relive that day with you all. I would post the video if I could, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. So, you'll have to settle for memories of the day... And pictures!!!

You all know now that I'm a crazy planner. And the wedding planning was intense! We worked on every aspect of the wedding for almost a year and a half! The two weeks before I was stalking all the weather sites, trying to get a feel for the forecast. I was checking, double-checking, and triple-checking all of my countless lists. Making sure my floor plan for the reception hall was perfect. I was organized and had enough people willing to help that I just KNEW everything would be great!

The morning of June 13, 2009 began with a yummy breakfast of McDonald's that my (middle) brother went and got for me. I sat in front of my parents' tv in the living room eating my sausage egg biscuit and staring at the weather channel. RAIN. Rain?!?! Rain hasn't been in the forecast at all, but there it is on the radar. Of course. Just my luck.
"Destiny, it won't rain. That stuff should be long gone by the time you get to the church." Leave it to my brother to not only get me breakfast, but make me feel better about the rain...
I finished my breakfast and did what I could at my parents' house before we were heading to the salon for hair and make up. While sitting around, waiting to leave, I got a call....
"Des, where is the cake topper? The cake is here, no cake topper...." Ohhhh no.
"It should have been in one of the boxes that we brought to the hall yesterday. I remember it being in a blue box."
"It's not here. All the boxes here are empty." Crap, crap, DOUBLE CRAP!!!!
My niece, mom and I all went through every nook and cranny of the house. Everything had been stored in the storage closet downstairs for well over a year. It HAD to be there.
It wasn't.
So who do I turn to? My future husband of course!!! I couldn't dial his number fast enough!
"It's not here..."
"The cake topper?" Didn't I say that? No... I didn't. Ahh!! I'm losing my mind!
"Right, it's not here. I have NO idea where it could be. It should be THERE, with the cake!"
"Well, it's not. But don't worry about it. We'll run to the store." Danny to the rescue... PLEASE just let there still be another one in stock!! PLEASE!!!!

Less than an hour later, Danny sent me a text telling me he got the topper. It was back at the reception hall, next to the cake. Everything was fine. Time for me to enjoy the time with my momma and one of my bridesmaids who was also getting her hair done at my salon.
I sat in the comfy chair and relaxed and just ENJOYED every minute. My wonderful stylist, Mai, and I chatted quite a bit.
"Destiny, are you okay?" What? Okay? I'm great!
"Yep, I'm good. Why?"
"Because, you're TOO cool right now. You should be nervous. I've never seen a bride so calm." Hmmm.... Is something wrong with me??
"Well, I'm not nervous. But... gosh, really. SHOULD I be nervous?!"
"NO! No, you shouldn't. It's just crazy. I was a basket case on my wedding day." I can't be a basket case, that's not in the plan...
"Eh, if it's going to go wrong now it's too late to do anything about it. Time to sit back and enjoy it all."
And I did....


After our hair and make up was done, we headed to the church. We had gotten Mr Goodcents sandwiches, chips and drinks. When we got to the church, my first plan of action was TO EAT. Some people can't eat the day of their wedding. I wasn't one of those people. I love food.

Once all of us ladies were stuffed, we gave the boys our leftovers, and we sat down to finish the bouquets. My wonderful girls helped me assemble them all the night before, and we just needed to wrap the stems with ribbon.

Faith came in to show me her pretty dress, and see me in my full hair and make up before it was time to get in my dress. She looked absolutely amazing and so grown up!


We planned on doing pictures BEFORE the wedding. It wasn't bad luck to me. Our marriage wasn't going to be based on LUCK. Love and teamwork, yes. Luck, no. So, it was time to get dressed! It took a while to get me all tied in to my dress and get it tightened up.

And then we did pictures of me and my girls. When it was time to do pictures with Danny, I thought we'd be going into the chapel...
That's not where they led me... We were headed outside. OUTSIDE? What the heck?? That's not the plan!! Why are we going against the plan?!
Well, because my husband-to-be had a surprise up his sleeve. Instead of just simple pics of his first sight of me... We got pics of him pulling up in a 2010 Camaro (we are car lovers... classics, sports, and especially Camaro lovers. We'd had his friend's 69 Camaro there for us to ride to the reception in). Then our first sight of each other. It was an AMAZING surprise!!!




We did pictures outside, once I got over the shock of seeing the new Camaro that I'd only seen once other than on tv. After a while, I decided it was too hot (the rain never came so it was just muggy and warm) and my dad got me some water from inside. We finished pictures outside and headed in to take pictures with the family members that were there and the big wedding party pictures.

It was getting close to time for the ceremony, and guests were starting to come inside. The chapel was closed during pictures so I was able to sneak out the back to my small room without any guests seeing me.

I went back to the room, and had a few more chips, despite my Dad making fun of me for always stuffing my face. My cousin, Melanie, was in town from Seattle and she came back into my room to see me. She'd gotten married at the same church, so she knew her way around. ;)

The ceremony was about to start and we did one more picture... In my underskirt of my dress, I had the seamstress sew in the baby bonnet I came home from the hospital in. It was my something old. It meant a lot, and I knew the picture would be one of my favorites for years to come.



That's all for today. I'll finish the story of our wedding day tomorrow, with the ceremony and reception!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment