Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedding Wishes

As of this second, we are 14 views away from 20,000!!! Wow!!!!!! That's amazing and I am still in shock at how fast the blog took off! We get a lot less pageviews now than we used to (from my research, that's totally normal and the views will go back up again soon enough), but I'm still not sure I ever expected to hit 20,000!!!

I haven't had a chance to blog this week, until now. We've been crazy busy though, and I've got lots of updates!!!

With all orders placed now for 4th of July Cupcakes, we will be profiting $200!!!! YEA for that!! I won't make that number official until the event is over though!

We got a TON of donations for the Garage Sale fundraiser, which starts TOMORROW! I can't wait to see how much we raise by the end of it! Thank you to each and every one of you who donated. And we CANNOT THANK Crystal and Angelo enough for volunteering so much of their time (and space) for this event. Not to mention they'll be the ones enduring the INSANE heat we've got here this week (it's "cooler" tomorrow than it was today... Meaning it's going to be a whole 105 degrees AHHH). We will be there keeping you company as often as we can though!! :)

Don't forget about the Pampered Chef fundraiser!! I will be posting the link again shortly.

And now for two NEW fundraisers!! WOOHOOO!!!

Christmas in July ornament sales HAVE BEGUN!!! Below is the flyer for the sale. You can see just a handful of the offered ornaments.
The Awareness Ribbon colors are:
Dark Blue – Colon Cancer | Pink/Blue – Infertility Awareness | Pink – Breast Cancer
Light Blue – Prostate Cancer | Black – Melanoma | Gray – Brain Cancer
White – Lung Cancer | Maroon – Multiple Myeloma | Aqua – Ovarian & Kidney Cancer
Orange – Leukemia & Childhood Cancer | Purple – Pancreatic & General Cancer


The ornaments are filled with ribbon. The filler ribbon colors are pictured next to the Awareness Ribbon stickers. There is red, silver or white.

Prices are:
$10 for Awareness ribbons
$8 for Snowflakes

$8 for Snowmen
$8 for Military Support
$8 for  2-3 letter personalization
$5 for 1 letter personalization

SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE!!!!!



And the last of our BIG NEW FUNDRAISER NEWS.....

Finally, we have made plans for our IVF BENEFIT QUARTERMANIA!!!
It will be on Thursday, July 19th at La Quinta Inn on East Kellogg!! The vendors listed to attend as of now are great and there are more signing up continually. We've gotten donations of raffle/silent auction items that are ALL so amazing, and we're looking for more!!
We MUST HAVE TWENTY people attend (list our name after yours on the sign-in sheet in reference to who invited you!!!) in order to benefit from this Quartermania. So, PLEASE COME and PLEASE bring friends!!! :)
Here is the Facebook Event page with more details:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/323181907770785/


That's all the fundraiser updates I have at this moment :)

...................................................................................................

I had originally planned on blogging this week about more of our Chemo Journey. But, as some of you know (who are on our Facebook), we got a little surprise yesterday while looking for garage sale items in my parents' closet. Today, I'm going to post about that. Because I'm still so touched today by it!!!

We got married three years ago. Sometimes that feels like just yesterday. Sometimes it feels like ages ago (in a good way of course!!). You've all read about all the planning I did. How everything was done, down to the second really. I also mentioned just about all the "hiccups" we experienced that day.

One hiccup I didn't mention was one that still filled me with disappointment to think about...

We had Wedding Day Wishes cards set out at the reception for people to leave words of advice/love to us on. We had a really great poem to go along with it and explain what they were for, and I looked forward to reading what everyone wrote to us.
The day after the wedding, we were going through all the stuff that got transferred from the reception hall back to my parents house. Gifts, cards, centerpieces, glasses, EVERYTHING. We had a bit of a mess to clean up from our sand ceremony vase which spilled a bit (whoopsie!!). And once that was done, I asked my mom about the Wedding Day Wish cards since I hadn't seen them in the box I thought they'd be in.
"They're probably in that box over there that's full of stuff that goes to your house. I know they're not in any of these boxes." That is one huge box over there.... goodness.

"Okay, I will just look for them tomorrow then, when we've got some time."
"I will look through all these boxes again tonight just in case." I love my mom!!!
"Thanks Mom!"
We then proceeded to eat wedding-day-leftovers, and unwrap gifts in front of some family and friends.

The next day we had breakfast, returned my underskirt to the bridal shop, dropped Danny's best man off at the airport and then headed to the zoo. We'd both taken the day off of work and planned on enjoying it. We spent a long time at the new tiger exhibit and at the gorillas. It was a fabulous day.
That evening I spent HOURS putting things away. Sorting gifts. And going through that giant box that was stuffed and overflowing with every thing you could imagine.
Everything except those Wedding Wishes cards.....
I called my mom in a panic, they weren't in my box!!!! Turns out, they weren't in the boxes she had either. They were missing.

I was upset and felt like my heart was breaking. I know that seems absolutely insane to some people, but those were important memories that I wanted to have forever. I wanted them at the wedding reception for a reason. I was deeply disappointed but knew that if they were left at the reception hall, it was simply an accident. We had so much help that day (and months leading up to that day!) that it's not like I could be upset with ANYONE over the missing cards.

Then of course, just a few days later, we had MUCH BIGGER things to worry about. The Wedding Wish cards were no longer important.

Over the last three years I'd think about the Wedding Wish cards any time I thought about the wedding. And always felt that same disappointment at not having them....


Last night, the cards we thought were missing/gone forever, WERE FOUND. We were digging out the centerpieces from the wedding and the box was too heavy to just carry. So, of course, my mom takes each vase out and hands it to me until the box only has a couple vases in it and isn't so heavy anymore.
During all this, she pulls out a vase that doesn't have colored sand sealed inside... It's a vase full of WEDDING WISHES CARDS!!!
To say I was ecstatic would be an understatement. I pulled a few out right then and there to read. I laughed over a few, fought off tears over others. 

Those cards mean SO MUCH MORE to us today (and yesterday, ha) than they could have three years ago. I'm not GLAD we lost them. But not reading them then was a blessing. They would've been just another small memory. Where as finding them was a big moment for us, and reading them and taking in their meaning THREE YEARS later, after all we've been through... Well I can't even put into words how it made us feel. 

Tonight, I'm going to share a few of those Wedding Wishes with you.... 

If you're on our Facebook, you seen two of my favorites:
~~There is always a right & wrong to every argument. Danny, sorry but you will always be wrong :) Remember that & you'll always get along. <3 Shana 

~~Just do what she says! -Brandon G

Those two gave us quite a laugh last night!! I won't share all of the Wedding Wishes, but here are a few more for your reading pleasure :)


~~To Value and love one another unconditionally
~~Communicate and Compromise
~~It takes two to Tango. Enjoy the dance and have fun! -Rebecca (LOVE THIS!)
~~Forgive quickly and love always. Nothing is ever THAT bad. -Mollz (GREAT advice!)
~~The #1 thing I've learned to have a successful marriage and life... Put God first. It really works wonders!
~~Remember that it takes 20 minutes to calm down. Don't talk during the cool off period, then kiss and make up. P.S. It goes better if he apoologizes, no matter what she did! -Curtis D (HAHA, this is one that will stay at the top of the stack as a reminder!!)
~~Someone once told me that if it is easy... then they are lying. What is worth holding on to is never easy. Congrats. (Our love is easy, life's many bumps along the road haven't been... Love this!)
~~Our wish for both of you is: The best marriage you can possibly have. Better than your dreams. Love Dick & Loretta   (This one brought tears to my eyes. Their wish came true for us!) 


And the one that really made me cry??
~~When do I get to be an uncle again? (Reading this didn't make me cry tears of sadness. I refuse to grieve over the fact that we haven't had kids YET. We will. Hopefully we'll bring a baby into this world in 2013, thanks to ALL of your help with fundraising and donations. I cried tears of joy that this Wish is still a possibility for us. We have a wonderful opportunity that is SO CLOSE to our grasp right now.)


Nobody could've known that night what we'd be going through less than a week later. Nobody could've known that the "dreaded first year" that is so hard for so many, would be a MILLION times harder for us than most others. But those words of advice and wisdom were still fitting. And can still be used today. And for the rest of our lives.
Every year on our anniversary, we're going to start a new tradition. Watch our wedding video, and then read through our Wedding Wishes. I am sure we'll feel more and more blessed as the years go on.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment