Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sample IVF Calendar

Two blog posts in a row, GO ME!!! I feel like I'm on a roll with things to talk about, regarding our future, which is part of our story. I sit around and do a ton of research all the time and I feel like I should share it with you all.

But first, FUNDRAISER UPDATES!!!!

NEW FUNDRAISER!!!!!
Thirty-One Gifts!!!!
http://www.mythirtyone.com/SherylRice/
You can go to that link and then click on "Place an
 order" and you'll see our name on the Event list there. Then you can just click on "Shop now" and browse the products and place your order!  
Anyone who has shopped with Thirty-One before knows there's always a special going on. This month is no different. If you spend $31, you can get the All-In-One Organizer for just $5!! Personalization can be done on that for just another $7!
If you'd like to see a catalog in person, let me know. They are on their way to me, and I can get one to you and help you figure out what can/can't be personalized.
This event will CLOSE ON MAY 29th, because that's when the monthly special ends and the party needs to close. No matter when you order this month, it will all ship once the event is closed.

Don't forget that the Scentsy fundraiser is ongoing!!

The cookie sale will end soon!!! Get your orders in NOW if you want in on it!! And, you should. Those cookies are AMAZING!!!!

I think that's about all I've got for now. So, on to today's blog post.........
.................................................................................................................................................................

So, what will your days be like once you start the actual IVF process???
I have been asked this many times, and wondered it myself more often than you can imagine. Which resulted in many Google searches, forum searches, fertility clinic website reading, etc etc etc.

The following is a sample IVF calendar (from Advancedfertility.com - a great source for all things IVF related!). This isn't exact for everyone. Some people need longer stimulation, etc. Everyone is different. But here is an idea....


SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1
Start Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 21
2
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 22
3
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 23
4
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 24
5
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 25
6
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 26
7
Lupron
Menstrual cycle day 27
8
Lupron
Menstrual period starts
9
Lupron
Start FSH injections
Blood and ultrasound
10
Lupron


FSH
11
Lupron


FSH
12
Lupron


FSH

Blood and ultrasound
13
Lupron


FSH
14
Lupron


FSH

Blood and ultrasound
Day 1 of stimulationDay 2 of stimulationDay 3 of stimulationDay 4 of stimulationDay 5 of stimulationDay 6 of stimulation
15

Lupron

FSH
16

Lupron

FSH

Blood and ultrasound
HCG injection
1718
19
Start daily progesterone shots or vaginal cream
2021

Embryo Transfer Procedure
(day 3 transfer)
Day 7 of stimulationDay 8 of stimulation
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
2930311
Blood for pregnancy test
2


So, you see things listed here like Lupron, FSH, HCG, progesterone. Wanna know what that all is?????

Picture is from another blog:http://in2mesee.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

Yeah, so you see all that?? Most of those are SHOTS. Ahhhhh, I'm not going to lie, it totally makes me just about hyperventilate just looking at the pictures that pop up when I google "IVF meds."
Some women are put on birth control pills before starting injections. I could handle that. A small pill everyday, sure. Fine. That's just dandy. Shots everyday,  MULTIPLE shots everyday.... Ohhhhh ahhhhhh!!! It will all be worth it in the end, this I know. But the journey getting there, is really rather scary!!
Thank God for Danny who has said he is so willing to stab me with needles whenever necessary... He had an evil grin on his face when he said this... I think I SHOULD be scared!! ;-)

So those meds (or meds similar, everyone is different!) will be injected and I will get my blood taken and have sonograms and so on and so forth. And the month that we do this is going to be ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I figure if my actual IVF calendar is like the sample above, I could even just drive down to the clinic that's two hours away in the morning and make it back around lunch. I would barely miss work. And Danny and I could both take off the days of the egg retrieval and embryo transfer (and stay down there at least the night of the ET). That way I'm still home in our house every night, we won't miss out on time with Faith, and I won't have to use up vacation time so early!

Of course, this is all just HOPING. I'm a planner. I plan EVERYTHING. And yes, I'm  planning in advance for this "hopefully someday" event. It's what I do. My calendar may be much different than this. I may HAVE to stay down there for two weeks for daily testing. From what I've read (everywhere) it's really a day by day thing. I can plan all I want but that doesn't mean anything will go as I planned. We shall see!! I can't wait!!!

That's all I've got for today! Remember to SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment