Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I hate sarcasm

It's May... I'm not sure if you all noticed that or not... And that means that sometime this month I will have some (hopefully) really awesome news to share with you all!! I can't wait! It's going to be a great post, just wait for it!!

The cookie fundraiser is about to come to a close.... Have you placed your order yet? If not, you need to! You don't want to miss out on these cookies!! Remember, we are shipping to anywhere in the US this time! Next time we are going to try to spread it out a little wider! :)
http://www.facebook.com/events/388112987876732/ (order here!)

The Thirty-One Gifts fundraiser is open and in full swing!! They have great products and the personalization is just awesome! I've handed out a few catalogs already. Let me know if you want one, too. I can get one to you. OR you can go here : http://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/eventhome.aspx?eventId=E1719344&from=MYEVENTS  and click on "Shop Now" Easy peasy!!!

We got our Cherry Berry fundraiser Money order!!! $78.51!!! I was pleasantly surprised! I'm not sure if you've heard (read) me mention before, but EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS! Heck, EVERY PENNY. :)

I think I may have mentioned before, but I'm not positive, so... The Mary Kay fundraiser earned us $125!!! Another number I was pleasantly surprised by!! It ended up being smaller than Mandi wanted, but the proceeds ended up being a great number in my opinion! :)

I think that's all I've got for now.... Pretty sure.... Yeah.... So, on with our story! It's been a while!!!!

...........................................................................................................................................................


So, it was officially November. I was kitten-less, but Danny's kitten was being extra lovey to me (NOTE: That ended a short time later, and even to this day she doesn't like me like she does Danny... the brat!). I was turning down people left and right who had kittens or knew someone with kittens, a new kitten was the last thing I wanted....
Danny was feeling like complete CRUD. His sinus infection just wouldn't go away. I felt like an awful wife because I couldn't make him better. He felt awful because he couldn't snap his fingers and bring my kitten back to life.
Life was just kind of sad for us. But do you know who WASN'T sad???
Faith. Faith knew Dahlia was in heaven. And she knew that her Daddy was just a little sick and would be fine. And she knew that Christmas was coming up. So who did I depend on to cheer me up? Faith of course!!
She and I would spend hours looking online for what she wanted to put on her Christmas list. She would sit on my lap while we'd look through the leaked Black Friday ads. THAT put me in a good mood.

Danny's next chemo was scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving, but they wanted to be sure his sinus infection was gone, as it was messing with his cell counts. He wasn't feeling much better, and was dreading having cold intolerance on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
"Maybe you should see if they can just do it the next week..."
"But then it throws it off for the rest of the year. Unless they'll do two weeks in a row?" Oh dear, not two weeks in a row!!
"No. I don't think they'll do two in a row. That would seriously mess you up!"
"I will just deal with it." Ahhhh, this is really not cool.
"I think you should call them. See what they say about it. It's just one week. And you don't have that many left this round anyway."
"Okay..."

The next day he picked me up from work.
"I called Dr Johnson's nurse." And?
"And????"
"And she is sending a new schedule. She said a lot of people ask to change things up the week of the holidays, so it'll be super busy the week before and the week after any big holiday, but as long as I was willing to wait a little longer, it was fine." YEA YEA YEA!!!
"Oh good!!! You know what that means?!"
"It means I'll be able to drink a cold drink with my turkey dinner." Well, duh!
"AND?!"
"And go with you shopping that Friday." YES!! Wait, did he say that in a pouty voice?
"YES! Aren't you excited?!"
"Oh the joy." I hate sarcasm...

So that's where we were. Now you're back into the swing of things with our story. And now I'll get back to posting about our story for at least a couple weeks, before getting distracted by other things to blog about ;) Thanks for reading!! Remember to share share share!!




No comments:

Post a Comment