Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

BIG NEWS and stories from others

It's been a while since I posted... I took last week off because I was busy looking up every option for IVF financing. Sadly the research didn't exactly come up with awesome results... But it's okay! I've got some big news to share in a few.... BIG BIG NEWS!!!!! But on to fundraiser updates!

The Thirty-One Gift fundraiser is happening RIGHT NOW. I highly recommend you go check it out, they've got some AMAZING things!!  http://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/eventhome.aspx?eventId=E1719344&from=MYEVENTS (then click on Show Now!)

There's a fundraiser set for July as of right now... Christmas in July ornaments!! They're going to be AMAZING!! I will post pics and prices very soon!!!

Now... EVERYONE who has had ideas about fundraisers for us but have been waiting or just haven't brought it to our attention... LET'S DO IT RIGHT NOW!!! Why?? Well.... on to the BIG BIG NEWS!!!!

The group Crawl For Cancer has been interested in helping us for a while. They wanted to wait until May, when they had funds available. And then they needed to figure out exactly how they could help us. Last night they decided....
From TODAY THROUGH JULY, for EVERY DOLLAR we raise, they will MATCH IT!!! Up to $2500!!!!!!!!! I will be honest, I was expecting them to offer us maybe a couple hundred dollars. For them to offer up to $2500 was shocking and amazing and wonderful and touching and I could go on and on!!!
So.... It's taken us five months to raise about $2500 so far. We need to do it AGAIN, in JUST TWO MONTHS. Can we do it?!!?! If we do, we will have raised $7500!!! We will ALMOST be at our goal!! I've been brain storming since last night. We obviously need EVERY ONE'S help though! Any idea is greatly appreciated!!!!

I think that's all the updates I have for  you all right now... On to my post for the day!!

........................................................................................................................................................


Today I'm getting away from our story yet again. I felt inspiration from you readers, so today my post is about YOU! Well, not ALL of you.
Since starting this blog, I've gotten many messages from people who have felt inspired by my blog. People who know/love someone with colon cancer or who passed away from colon cancer. People who have been through or are going through infertility and treatment. And one person who has been following our blog from the start, and has now experienced a tremendous loss. These people love our blog and it's reactions like these that just send home the fact that what I'm doing is right.

So today, I'm sharing the story of others. I'm leaving out names, because I know not everyone wants their business thrown out on the internet, and I understand that completely!

After just a couple of blog posts, I got messages from two different people who have been touched in some way by colon cancer.
One person lost her uncle to colon cancer just shortly before I started my blog. Reading our blog helped her, because we have a happy ending. Although her uncle didn't, she was inspired. I hope she is spreading the word with others about colon cancer awareness!!!
Another person shared her story with me... Her loved one passed away from colon cancer as well. She wasn't around during the treatments, and was sort of shut out of it all. She is still hurting from his passing, and my prayers are with her. She is spreading the word about colon cancer, and I see the blue ribbon on her facebook often, LOVE THAT!!!


We have been open about our infertility for quite a while now, although I only started this blog in January. I had friends also suffering from infertility push me towards starting the fundraising, and they've helped us out SO much. I know one in particular isn't public about her struggles and treatment, and she's helped me realize that just because WE are open about our issue, not everyone going through this type of situation is. And I understand it. I'm not sure how I'd handle our infertility if it wasn't caused by the colon cancer. Would I share our story? Would I reach out and ask for help from others? I really do not know...
Another friend came forward with her infertility struggles after I made our blog. The biggest shock to me? She's younger than me. I know I've fessed up to you all about how I used to think, but it's still so hard for me to know people YOUNGER than me who ALSO have been struggling with infertility. She has met with doctors and they are well on their way to a pregnancy I hope!!

Another friend read my blog, and told me about her IVF experience. Unfortunately, she never made it to an egg retrieval/embryo transfer. They eventually found so much scar tissue from endo (that she didn't even know she had) that she had to have a full hysterectomy. Her story scared me and broke my heart at the same time. This is a woman that deserves to be a mom and went through IVF cycles to make it happen and not only did they not get to finish those cycles, she also had to have a huge surgery that has changed her life. She's still making decisions about their future, and I hope she realizes how often I think about her and praying for her!

And... speaking of endo....
When I made my post about how I used to feel, I mentioned endometriosis. I got multiple messages from people who shared with me that they have endo as well, and how scary it is to think that it could effect fertility. It IS scary, and I hope everyone who messaged me about their endo


Now.... to one of the most touching stories I've heard since starting this blog...
Really, I can't even put it into words. So, I will just copy and paste her message to me. So you hear/read her words exactly. And so you can see how inspiring she is!!!
Hi Destiny,
I've been keeping up with your story ever since you started blogging. I was good friends with Mandi in elementary school and heard about your story via faceboook from her. I've been praying for you guys and your future. Having a child with the person you love is the most fulfilling feeling in the world.
I wanted to make a contribution to your fund in memory of my daughter, Lillian. My husband and I got pregnant with our first child last August. My due date was May 16 but unfortunately we lost her when I was 8 months pregnant due to a cord accident. We were devastated by the news but find comfort knowing she's in heaven waiting for us :)
One day I was feeling sorry for myself and thinking about how we have to wait a whole year before we can even try again (I had to have a c-section since she was breech and there are major risks if you don't wait and let your body heal) and I stopped myself. I can have a baby again, I just have to be patient. There are people out there who have to work really hard to even get pregnant. Some who don't know if children are in their future. I can't imagine the struggles you both have been through and you still have strength and hope to get you through. It's very inspiring. So, long story short, I want Lillian's memory to live on and even help another baby into this world.... Thank you for sharing your story and being an inspiration.
God Bless!
Jordan

Well, Jordan, THANK YOU for sharing your story and being an inspiration! Thank you for allowing me to share your story. And, also, thank you for your donation :) The card made me cry just like your message did, and the donation is sitting safely in the savings account!


If you've ever gone through any of the things I've mentioned here today, and want to talk to others who have gone through the same things, let me know. I can get you in touch with these other wonderful ladies!!
And as always, if you want to share your story with me... Feel free! :)

Thanks everyone for reading, following and sharing our story with others!!! Please continue to read and share! :)

2 comments:

  1. anytime you feel alone in your struggles you need to come here and re-read this post....mind blowing!!! Thanks for a great read!!! And we will work on some Fundraisers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of love and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete