Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I don't feel like doing anything fun

Today is a crap day but what am I doing about it? I'm blogging. Not about my crap day. But about all the things I have to be thankful for, which will help my crap day turn around! What will make it even better would be to see lots and lots of page views (hint hint)...

If you aren't on our Facebook (or friends with one of our friends that have shared the event) then you haven't heard our latest fundraiser announcement.......
COOKIES!!!!!!!
My wonderful friend Mandi (she was in charge of the Mary Kay fundraiser) came up with this idea a couple months ago and we had planned it for the summer but we moved it up to this month! Starting TODAY you can place your cookie orders and she will SHIP THE COOKIES TO YOU, meaning YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE LOCAL!!! You do need to be in the US, though, if you don't want to have to pay a lot more for shipping, of course.
$15 per dozen, shipping included! You have two options. Ribbon cookies or Crabb cookies. Or a dozen of each. Or two dozen of each. Heck, order as many as you'd like! :)
Here are the pictures of the cutters, the ribbon cookies will have blue buttercream marshmallow fondant on them and the crab cookies will have red buttercream marshmallow fondant.




I was in charge of taste testing the cookies and they are DEFINITELY Destiny-Approved!! Order yours now!! Orders will be baked/shipped in the order they are received. The event page is up on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/388112987876732/) or get a hold of us some other way if  you'd like to order.

The Scentsy Fundraiser is still on going!!

The Zumba fundraiser is sort of up in the air at the moment, but as soon as I know anything I will be posting about it!!

And don't forget!! Next Thursday (April 19) is our CHERRY BERRY fundraiser!!!!

That's all I've got fundraiser wise today. so, on with our story :)
..............................................................................................................................................................


Danny's energy was gone, his numbers were all low, and I had lost my kitten. We were a mess. Or rather, I was a mess. Danny was as strong as ever.
"We have the Halloween party this weekend, are we still going?" Ohhh no, no no no. I don't want to do any kind of partying right now. I don't feel happy. I don't feel like doing anything fun.
"I don't think so. I don't want to do anything. And you shouldn't be around so many people."
"Destiny...." What? Why is he Destiny-ing me?!
"What?!?!"
"You have been looking forward to this party for weeks. Deena made our costumes. My numbers are fine, I will just try to stay away from the big crowds of people." Why doesn't he see that it is not a good idea?
"Your numbers are low enough that it's not smart to go."
"If you don't want to go, it's not going to be because of me. I won't get sick. I will stay away from people. I will wash my hands. I will do what I have to do."  Blah blah blah There's SO many reasons not to go...
"Whatever. I miss Dahlia."
"I know you do..." Of course he does, he knows everything!
"When will it stop hurting?"
"I can't tell you that. You'll always miss her. And you'll always wish this hadn't happened the way it did. But there was nothing we could've done differently." I love this man.
"I hate this."
"Of course you do. But I still think we should go to the party you've been looking forward to for weeks and we've already gotten costumes for." Ahhhhh, FINE.
"Fine, we will go."
"And you'll try to have fun?" Fun? I don't even WANT to have fun.
"I promise nothing of the sort."

We went about our days and that weekend we did go to the Halloween party. I loosened up and did end up having fun. I missed Dahlia. I was worried about Danny. But, I had fun. And here are two pictures to prove it... One is me, being me and I can't even tell you what I was doing because I don't remember... The other is of Danny and I pretending to dance... Why? Because we were dancing, and my friend tried to take our picture and we stopped. She forced us to pretend so she could get a pic. So, that's what we did.


The moral of this post is, we went. We had fun. We left early because we had the Toys For Tots run early the next morning. And, just as Danny said, he didn't get sick. Of course. Because (as much as I at times dislike it) he always seems to be right.


That's all I've got for you today. I'm going to keep the posts short from now on, and maybe post more often if I can. Hopefully that will bring readers back and make the page views shoot back up again! Thanks for reading everyone! And remember to SHARE SHARE SHARE

No comments:

Post a Comment