Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twenty weeks down, twenty to go!

I told you that you'd be seeing more posts coming up!! Aren't you happy?! ;)

I've got some more guest posts coming up, soon. It's colon cancer awareness month. I need to get my rear in gear and start spreading awareness again. That's one of the reasons I started this blog, after all...

Danny has a check up with the oncologist this month. Fitting. Just lab work to check his cancer marker levels. And a physical check of his scarring on his tummy. A listen to his lungs, the usual. I'm sure the appointment will involve either some chit chat about hockey or about cars. It's usually one or the other. What am I looking forward to? Hearing that we only have a couple more appointments after this one. Hearing that my husband is SO WONDERFULLY HEALTHY. That he is still a "boring patient." And I can't wait to see Dr J's face when he sees that WE ARE PREGNANT. It's really noticeable now. And, he's one of the amazing doctors we owe thanks to. He and Dr H discussed who to send Danny to for the "swimmer surgery." I think it was ultimately Dr J's call. And Dr J made sure we had time to get everything in order before treatment began, while still keeping us in the "safe zone." This amazing little baby wouldn't be kicking me right now if Dr J hadn't given us time. She wouldn't be here if he hadn't sent us to the best urologist in the area. She wouldn't be here if my husband wasn't here.
Dr H knows that we are pregnant. I'm not sure if I have mentioned that here or not. Danny hasn't had a colonoscopy since the IVF, but his mom has. And she shared the amazing news with him. He clapped his hands, said how happy he is for us. Yeah, these doctors have a special place in my heart. We are so blessed to have them as part of our cancer beating team :)

NOW! On to the pregnancy update for the week! WE ARE HALF WAY DONE!!! Can you believe it? I've been miserable since before the embryo transfer. I've been miserable since before the egg retrieval. I've been miserable since starting the birth control the month before the IVF. I've been miserable for months on end. And what else have I been? SO ABSOLUTELY GRATEFUL AND HAPPY. Because even though my body may be screaming and protesting just about everything we are putting it through, it's all so we can bring this amazing baby into this crazy world we live in. We are SO BLESSED to be in this position. We are so lucky to be the parents of this amazing little girl... And we are at that half way point now. Twenty weeks down, twenty to go. We will meet our little girl in twenty weeks! These months have FLOWN by. It feels like just last month I was taking the at-home tests. Making the trips to OU for the blood tests, then the sonograms. Wow. That's basically all I have to say... Wow.

I still need to post about the sonogram, and the gender reveal we did with the family. And soon I'll be writing letters here, to our daughter <3 I write to her in my Belly Book (thank you Jamie, for convincing me to get that book!), but there's more room here :)

Now for the Weekly quiz!

How Far Along: 20 weeks

Total Weight Gain: I'm sorry, do you really think I have a scale at home that I will willingly step on? No. Sorry. So this will be updated after appointments only LOL 

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week 

Stretch Marks: None yet. This is genetic, right?? My mom had 4 kids and didn't get stretch marks... CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME, PEOPLE!!! 

Sleep: Yes, please... This time change is messing me all up. I need to go to sleep right now!

Best Moment This Week: Listening to Miss Faith read to her little sister already :) One Fish Two Fish. Baby was kicking like crazy!

Miss Anything: Cozy pants. I need them, they are what is most comfy on this prego belly. And it's too cold for them right now :( WAHHH

Movement: LOTS most days. Sunday was an off day for both her and I. I was in some serious pain and she hardly moved at all. Which of course caused a slight panic. I'm so thankful for that doppler I ordered months ago. It's saved my sanity!

Food Cravings: Basically open to anything at this point. But I do have an ice cream sandwich every night. Mmmm

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Just depends on the day really... 

Gender: A wonderfully amazing baby GIRL

Labor Signs: Not sure what it was I was feeling Sunday, but it wasn't a good thing. Thankfully the pains went away by mid-morning Monday... Stay in there sweet baby girl!!! 

Symptoms: Tired... Oh so tired... 

Belly Button In or Out: In

Wedding Rings On or Off: On and FALLING off.

Happy or Moody Most of the Time: I am happy most of the time <3

Looking Forward To: Going to sleep every night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment