Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's been a while...

Hello hello hello everyone!!! I'm SO SO sorry that these posts are so few and far between these days. I'm seriously hoping that changes very soon. I don't post often because to be 100% honest, I feel like crap most days. So I get home from work, eat, take a warm bath then go to bed. Day after day. I hurt or I'm sick (and at the same time SO SO BEYOND THANKFUL). So blogging just hasn't been happening. I try to keep those on our Facebook updated as often as possible, but I know people get sick of seeing constant pregnancy talk, so, I try not to overflow that, either.

I have plans for this blog though. Big plans. First of all, I feel like we're in more of a safe zone now. I found this little weekly "quiz" that I can do to keep you all up to date on what's going on with Baby. And that should help keep the posts coming, too...
Also, I've been in contact with another cancer-spouse. This person felt very much like my blog spoke to them and they could relate. So they will be sharing their story here in a few posts. It's not a colon cancer experience. It's a different kind of cancer. I like the idea of spreading awareness of a different type of cancer. I like the idea of focusing on cancer awareness. Because if Danny wasn't here, there would be no baby in my belly. I wouldn't have the father of my child around. He is important. And he is only here because he survived.

For those of you on our Facebook, you already know (I had to spill the beans there QUICK before someone accidentally let it slip!!)..... But, we are TEAM PINK!!!! We've been wrong since day one. So very wrong. But we love her so so much and are NOT disappointed. Please, there is no need to say "sorry" to us because we aren't having a boy. We are happy and our plans for this child haven't changed... Except for the nursery theme, that is. I will allow my daughter to play hockey like Daddy wants (but with a cage on that helmet, my daughter needs her teeth!), but her room won't be decked out in hockey sticks until she's old enough to decide that's what she wants. So, since I've got control right now.... the theme is beach/under the sea :) I'm super excited about it!!!!

I will share the stories of our doctors appointments and the gender reveal in my next post, once I get all the pics uploaded and have some more time. But Faith needs a bath and we've got to get going to Danny's hockey game which starts soon. So I will leave you with the first-ever Pregnancy Quiz on this blog!!

How Far Along: 19 weeks

Total Weight Gain: -8 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I was originally down 10, so I've gained back 2.

Maternity Clothes: I have some pants that need hemmed before I can really wear them

Stretch Marks: None yet. Should I have some yet?? EEEEK!! I am trying to prevent them using Save My Skin oil by Pure Romance

Sleep: I go to sleep super early these days, and I sleep well. I get up a few times a night to pee of course. And I wish our bathroom light was on a dimmer because it is BRIGHT in there. But I get back to sleep pretty quickly afterward.

Best Moment This Week: Finding out we are having a little GIRL <3

Miss Anything: Having an appetite, being able to eat without feeling like I'm going to throw up WELL before I'm full.

Movement: She is most active in the mornings and when I'm about to go to bed. Also when I'm sleeping. You can see her MORPH my belly into weird shapes. And you can feel her from the outside already, too.

Food Cravings: Anything that I will be able to eat without immediately starting to sweat and fighting off the vomit... not many things fit into this category :(

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Everything

Gender: A wonderfully amazing baby GIRL

Labor Signs: Goodness no, thank you God

Symptoms: I feel like I'm still in first tri, even though I'm almost half way through the entire pregnancy.

Belly Button In or Out: In

Wedding Rings On or Off: On and FALLING off. Weight loss, you stink!

Happy or Moody Most of the Time: I am ecstatic when I think about this baby girl. I am moody with most of the people in this world. Especially those that don't like our Baby Girl's name (I will share here with you blog followers once my skin thickens up a bit... I'm still a bit bitter) 

Looking Forward To: A 3d ultrasound... That I still need to schedule :)

No comments:

Post a Comment