Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, May 6, 2013

28 amazing weeks down...

Forgive me, blog followers! For I have SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY sucked at blogging. I think about it every day, I really do! There just haven't seemed to be enough hours in the day.

The wonderful hubby had a job change, which includes an insurance change. In the middle of a pregnancy. Yeah, that's a headache in and of itself. Not to mention the headaches that have been involved from the job change. But I won't go there. I'm probably not allowed to until it all gets straightened out. So, whatever.

Then there has been lots of stuff going on with my family. All is okay, so don't worry! It's just really taken up a lot of time... Time that is just FLYING by!!!

Then there was a slight scare with my beautiful baby in my belly. I say slight because ALL IS WELL. Everything is fine! We just had to have some extra appointments and a sonogram (who would complain about a sonogram? NOT ME!!). I was also put on a med for a week. No big deal. I went to the dr today and she confirmed that everything is just perfect with Baby. My amniotic fluid (which is what the slight scare was about) is perfect, Baby measures right on time (2 and a half pounds at the sonogram which was two weeks ago), and she says if she keeps growing at the same pace, she will weigh about 7 pounds 6 ounces at delivery... Which my know-it-all, I mean, my husband, has been guessing...

I've also had extra appointments because that wonderful gestational diabetes test couldn't be done at my OB. Why? Well because my primary care doc insists it be done through his office. Which would've been just dandy... had I been seen by him any time recently. But since I HAVEN'T, I had to go in for a regular appointment before he would order the labs. That appointment consisted of a basic work up... and about 20 minutes of non-stop talk about Danny and how he's doing. Dr P had a student with him so he explained everything to him. Every. Little. Detail. I was impressed that he remembered so much, honestly! Also, Dr P says I shouldn't eat donuts. "Donuts aren't a good breakfast" he says. Blah blah blah. Donuts are yummy. So until my diabetes test results come back bad (surely they won't lol) then I shall continue to eat donuts. Mmmmm donuts!! I wish I had one right now!

So, yeah... That's where we are. I was planning on putting Baby's name on here.... but for some reason, none of the blogs I follow share their kids/babies' names... Why is that? For fear someone will kidnap them? Steal their identity?? WHY?? I need to know so I can make an informed decision. If it's just a privacy thing then well... Pfftttt..... We don't really have privacy. We've blasted our story all over, proudly. I'm okay with people knowing her name. I announced it on Facebook. So. I guess if you're itching to know, just add me over there. Also if you add me/us on there, and I don't approve you, just send me a quick message telling me you're a blog follower. I'll approve ya then!!

OH and we did the 3d ultrasound!! HA! Remember how well Baby worked with us when we were trying to find out if she was a boy or girl? Yep, you guessed it, she was just as stubborn when we wanted to see her pretty face!! Her arms were UP and crossed in front. REALLY LITTLE MISSY?!?! We tried everything to get her to move, but she would basically just throw out a punch and go back to her pose, or she'd turn around. She is her father's child. Unless she's just being shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention... If that's the case then she's definitely mine! We had all the great grandparents there, too. And the grandmas. And of course Faith was there. Anyway, the place we went to really is awesome and offered to let us reschedule, for free. So we did. We go back in a couple weeks!

I would love to go back and do the weekly updates for all the weeks I've missed, but they'll basically all say the same thing. So I will just start back up with this week!

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Total Weight Gain: Well I technically lost again, according to my appointment this week. As of two weeks ago I was exactly at my pre-pregnancy weight finally. As of today I am one pound down from my prepregnancy weight.

Maternity Clothes: I wear my maternity jeans when it's cold (we're in Kansas, we've had snow... in May... it's bizarre). Otherwise I am LOVING my cozy pants and maxi dresses!!  

Stretch Marks:  So far so good!

Sleep: I can't wait to go to bed tonight. I love sleep! My hips get sore when I lay on one side for too long, and I get up 2+ times to go pee... but otherwise, I LOVE SLEEP!!  

Best Moment This Week:  Finding out that Baby is doing SO GREAT at my appointment today.

Miss Anything: Eh... I can't think of anything at the moment.   

Movement: All the time!!! She is running out of room so body parts are basically poking out of my belly all day long.

Food Cravings: Any and all food, all the time... PLEASE!!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I get random nausea on occasion. But I'm pretty used to it by now!

Gender: A wonderfully amazing baby GIRL

Labor Signs: Nope

Symptoms: A growing baby bump ;)

Belly Button In or Out: In still but probably not for much longer. Also, it hurts. Is that weird? LOL

Wedding Rings On or Off: On and still loose. Up until I start swelling, which, yes, has begun... But it always goes away. For now.

Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy unless you tick me off. Then I stay mad at you for... ever. >>same

Looking Forward To: My baby shower!!! I CANNOT WAIT!! I can't believe we are really at this point. There are days that I still can't believe that I'm pregnant. And here we are, about to have my shower!! A year ago I was posting about Mother's Day and what it meant to me at the time.. and this Mother's Day I will be going through all the things from my shower and organizing it all, things FOR OUR BABY GIRL WHO IS IN MY BELLY. I just have no words for how it feels. None.
 
 
That's all for now! I will try my hardest to get back to weekly (or even more often) posts! I promise!!! Thanks for sticking around everyone!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment