Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Monday, December 31, 2012

Bye bye 2012!

A year ago today, I was trying to figure out what to name my blog that I planned on starting on January 1st...

A year ago today I never thought we'd raise enough money to do IVF within a year. I figured it would take a couple years...

A year ago today I never imagined this blog would blow up the way it did. With views all over the world.



A year ago today I never EVER EVER EVER EVER would've imagined I would be sitting here today, 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant!!!! I'm almost through the first trimester! This morning I listened to the heartbeat again on the Doppler. Baby Crabb is so much easier to find this week than last week! I barely have to push down on the probe at all, and I always know Baby is right by the maternal artery thing-y that is super loud.


I had my second OB appointment last week, and I actually got to see my Doc, Dr C. She is AMAZING. She asked how Danny is doing... Meaning she remembered our story even though I hadn't seen her in 6 months and THAT appointment was my first ever with her.
She asked how the IVF went, and how bad the OHSS was.

Dr C commiserated with me about how awful she felt during ALL of her pregnancies (and she had boys and girls). And told me she hoped I continued to feel better and better. Over the last week I definitely have!

Dr C also found Baby's heartbeat right away with her Doppler. She said if she couldn't find it, they'd do a quick sono (which I think she was hoping for). But Baby was very cooperative.

The anatomy scan will be at 18 weeks!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!


So now comes the time when we fret over the names we've had picked out for ages. Yes, we've had names picked out. And NO, people's opinion on those names DO NOT MATTER TO US. We aren't changing the names we have picked out. They were picked out after much thought and consideration, and this child is ours. We will get the blame if Baby hates their name. So therefore WE get to choose it.

Meanwhile Danny is fretting over the bedroom. The bedroom? Yeah, I haven't spent too much time thinking about it. I have the designs in my head, of course. I have for months. But the action of getting it all done? HA! I will start thinking about that in March or so, when we find out which design we will need to go with ;)

So that's where we are, currently. I'm starting to feel better, slowly but surely. Although I do tend to get full on a lot less food than I'm used to... Probably because I haven't been able to eat much for ages so my stomach has shrunk. Who knows. Unfortunately my weight loss is showing. People are starting to point out that I look thinner. The fertility meds did cause months of bloating, so I actually feel like I look more like MYSELF than I have in ages. I guess it looks more drastic to others. The second trimester is coming up though, so I know that will soon change!!!

Tomorrow is my "Blogiversary." Hopefully I'll have time to make a quick post then!!!

Thank you all, SO SO much, for following our story throughout the past year. Thank you for supporting us, in EVERY way. And THANK YOU for helping us raise the money we needed to make our dream come true! We are where we are today THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!! We'll never be able to thank you enough!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment