Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
On our wedding day 6/13/09 (Just 5 days before finding his tumor)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Egg retrieval!

Hey there everyone!!!
I'm so sorry it's been SO LONG since I posted. Things have been BEYOND crazy lately though.

An update on everything up through last week:

For those of you who are on our Facebook, you know I was in a little bit of trouble. My body was sort of OVERreacting to the stim meds. Basically, my body was putting the eggs/follicles first... And my health last. The docs (and Danny) were NOT happy with this. We tried lowering my doses... didn't work. So then we started what they call "coasting." Which basically means I was off all meds other than Lupron (which prevents ovulation). It took a while for the coasting to work. Three days as a matter of fact, the absolute LONGEST amount of time that Dr H allows anyone to coast.

At one of my last monitoring appointments he apologized, sincerely, for me having to go through all of that nonsense.
"I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this, and having to be monitored every day. In hindsight, I should have started you out at an even lower dose, but I had no way of knowing. I already started you out lower than anyone else...." Ha. Leave it to my body to go berserk with a lower dose than he gives ANYONE.
"It's okay. I'm an overachiever, so of course my ovaries are too."


Fast forward to FINALLY getting the go ahead to "trigger." My egg retrieval appointment was set up, and the hotel reservations for the night before made. We would be staying in OKC on Halloween night.
It was our year with Faith on Halloween so we picked her up from school, got her ready, and went to my parents' house for the usual Halloween festivities. All while Danny was not feeling quite right. Faith went trick or treating. Danny tried to sleep on the couch while he could.
We took Faith to her mom's a little earlier than normal so we could get on the road... And we headed out....

We made it to OKC in good time, checked in to the nice hotel (that we were staying at for FREE thanks to a dear friend <3)... Got to our room.... And Danny proceeded to VOMIT ALL NIGHT LONG. He definitely had the stomach flu! And I didn't want it!!!

The next morning I woke up and got ready for the egg retrieval! I let Danny sleep as long as possible, it was a long night for him after all....

We arrived at the clinic and I was called back to write the check for the anesthesia. Then I went back into the waiting room to wait...
When it was finally time, we were taken back to a different section of the clinic that I'd never been in before. I was prepped and ready to go, when the anesthesiologist came in. This man is supposed to be the best in the state...
We chatted for about 10 seconds about my allergies and what will happen. And then he and Danny started chatting about heating and air and what AC systems are best and how long they last and I was laying there thinking "What the heck?? How did we get here, to this conversation?!" Ha!!

Before long I was wheeled across the hall to the egg retrieval room. Dr H was there, and we went over what would happen. I was attached to a few machines, and then the stirrups were attached to the bed.
"I'll help you get your legs up here." Help? Why would I need help. I can lift my legs....
"Okay..."
"Next we _____"
OUT. LIKE. A. LIGHT.

.........................................

"Blah blah blah" Huh? What are they saying?
"How many eggs?"
"Blah blah blah." What?? Did she say 24? Oooo 24.....
OUT again....
"Blah blah blah..." What are they SAYING?! Did we really get 24 eggs?
"How many eggs? 24?"
"No, 21. Which is great!" Ewww, 21. That's not as many as I thought we'd have. Hopefully they are all mostly mature.
"You already asked about the eggs babe..." Did I really?
"Danny, shush it. I know."
"It's okay, most girls ask way more than twice... And most HUSBANDS don't get to see all of the recovery when you're waking up, Daniel here just got lucky because he's sick!" YEAH DANNY!!!

The rest of recovery went okay. I was crampy so I took some pain meds... Big mistake, they made me so tired and nauseous. And we had to ride all the way home with me feeling like that!!
That night I felt a little better, but the new shots (in the tush) HURT. And then I started feeling wonky again. I just wasn't okay.
I stayed home from the work the next day. It helped, but I still didn't feel normal.

Honestly, it's been almost a week and I STILL don't feel 100%. I've been on so many meds to prevent OHSS and infection and progesterone shots now to help the embryos and it's all just making my body crazy. I rarely even take a regular Tylenol for a headache! My body is probably in some form of shock. BUT, things are looking better these days, so that's okay! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment